Red X?

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

yea just remove the second ImageString function in whatimplayin.php, the one that DOES NOT say Playing:
- Jay
GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:yea just remove the second ImageString function in whatimplayin.php, the one that DOES NOT say Playing:
Okay, that works.. :)

But it's not updating properly. As far as I can tell from RTB, it is updating, and so is the log service, but the includes file is no longer being updated..
-GC
Jay

Post by Jay »

well something strange is happening with catcher.php

now no matter what I put for username and password it does not return BADPASSWORD

are you modifying that script in any way?

Another thing is that I noticed you are using Apache 2. I have not messed much with Apache 2 so that might be contributing to the problem.
- Jay
GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:well something strange is happening with catcher.php

now no matter what I put for username and password it does not return BADPASSWORD

are you modifying that script in any way?

Another thing is that I noticed you are using Apache 2. I have not messed much with Apache 2 so that might be contributing to the problem.
Yeah, I was modifying the script slightly but I restored it.. as it is at the moment, i just put some stuff in includes.php manually just to test. It's not updating includes.php for some reason. I tried CHMODing it but that just broke everything. Don't know why, but it did.
-GC
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea catcher is going to expect some vars in the includes.php, so if you modify that file it could cause problems in the catcher script.
- Jay
GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:yea catcher is going to expect some vars in the includes.php, so if you modify that file it could cause problems in the catcher script.
Okay.. BTW: the copy of the catcher script zip is missing includes.php, so I can't replace it..
-GC
Jay

Post by Jay »

just put a blank file called includes.php in it's place

cather.php will know how to handle that.
- Jay
GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:just put a blank file called includes.php in it's place

cather.php will know how to handle that.
After it's updated a few times.. it's still blank.. and it still doesn't work. Huh. Weirdness..
-GC
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea the catcher script is borked again, re-extract it over the one you got on your site.
- Jay
GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:yea the catcher script is borked again, re-extract it over the one you got on your site.
Okay, I seem to have figured one thing out..

Code: Select all

// If register globals is off, then we get are vars this way.
if (isset($_REQUEST)) {
    while(list($varname, $varvalue) = each($_REQUEST)) { $$varname = $varvalue; }
}
if (isset($_SERVER)) { 
    while (list($varname, $varvalue) = each($_ENV)) { $$varname = $varvalue; }
    while (list($varname, $varvalue) = each($_SERVER)) { $$varname = $varvalue; }
}
That bit of code seems to break something. I get bad password errors if it is in, if I comment it out, or replace it with:

Code: Select all

if (isset($_REQUEST)) { 
    while(list($varname, $varvalue) = each($_REQUEST)) { $$varname = $varvalue; } 
} 
if (isset($_SERVER)) { 
    while (list($varname, $varvalue) = each($_ENV)) { $$varname = $varvalue; } 
    while (list($varname, $varvalue) = each($_SERVER)) { $$varname = $varvalue; } 
} 
it works fine, as far as the username/password is concerned.

However, if I do replace that, it does not seem to update includes.php.
-GC
Jay

Post by Jay »

maybe it's just me but I can't see a different between the two, i just woke up though so I might be missing something

scrap what you got and download www.radiotoolbox.com/radiotoolbox/rtb_catcher_php.zip

re-extract and reconfigure it. Also be sure to use a username and password, not just nothing.
- Jay
GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:maybe it's just me but I can't see a different between the two, i just woke up though so I might be missing something

scrap what you got and download www.radiotoolbox.com/radiotoolbox/rtb_catcher_php.zip

re-extract and reconfigure it. Also be sure to use a username and password, not just nothing.
Done. Using the correct username and password. It's giving me a bad password error.
-GC
Jay

Post by Jay »

well I just put your url in my rtb app, and removed the username and password from the application and it worked. You should see that my current song is going through.

Are you sure you set the $rtb_user and $rtb_pass variables in the config.php file?
- Jay
GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:well I just put your url in my rtb app, and removed the username and password from the application and it worked. You should see that my current song is going through.

Are you sure you set the $rtb_user and $rtb_pass variables in the config.php file?
Yeah. The only weird thing I notice is that when I save it, notepad wraps all the extra lines.. I don't think that would make a difference, though?
-GC
Jay

Post by Jay »

I don't think so but just to be on the safe side, in Notepad you can turn Word wrap off by going to Format -> Word Wrap. You might look over the file and make sure nothing weird is going on. If you are still having issues, go ahead and post your config.php file just asterick out the password and username.

I'll take a look at it and see if anything looks different
- Jay