PHP Script Question

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
roby

PHP Script Question

Post by roby »

I'll let you know what Ive done, and how it turned out. I added my username and password in the config.php. Uploaded all files to the directory. Chmoded includes.php to 777. Told the RTB program location of the php script (http://www.mysite.ca/catcher.php) and restarted RTB.

Checking the example script I see no log. Is there something I have missed? I did have an HTML push on before, must I disable that first?

(Please Note: my server has php support)

Thanks In Advance!
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

if you go to www.yoursite.com/catcher.php in your browser do you see any errors other then BADPASSWORD?

Go to tools -> Current Stats and look to the right of Script service, does it say anything there?
- Jay
roby

Post by roby »

Script Service Option says it is being updated.

The catcher.php script itself only says the copyright.
Jay

Post by Jay »

are you sure you have a username and password entered for
$rtb_user
and
$rtb_pass?

you cannot just leave them blank.

If they are not blank, what version of PHP are you using?

also make sure you have the latest version of the scripts at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/downloads/r ... er_php.zip
- Jay
roby

Post by roby »

Nope, user and pass have my user and pass in them. However, I was using an earlier version (the one bundled with the latest RTB release)

The script is coming back with Bad password now.
One other thing. It is acting like it is updating includes.php. But -- includes.php is empty, aside from the following:
<?php

$current_song='';

$listeners='';

$max_listeners='';

$touch_interval='';

?>
So it looks like updates it (I see the file time updating in the directory list), but gives it no information, from what i can see... is that to do with my PHP version? (I'll go to my ISP with that one if it's the case. Thats what I pay them the big bucks for.)
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea it looks like you need to get a later version of PHP. Let me know if having the latest or a newer version of PHP doesn't resolve this issue.

Jay
- Jay
roby

Post by roby »

Update: :D

Version of PHP we are using is 4.2.2, just one release behind. I was reminded by my tech guru (who runs the ISP I host with) to reload the files as ASCII. I knew I had, but did again to ensure. No luck there either, yet.
:?
Should I chmod all the RTB files to 777? Would that assist? Any other trouble shooter ideas I can play with?

Thanks for the help, Jay..... I really appreciate the assistance, even though I've not been lucky yet.
roby

Post by roby »

Okay, I got it Jay. Looked at the config.php file again. Notepad saved as all one line, for some reason. No line breaks. So, after correcting that, Script works great. Guess I should look more closely!!!

Thanks again, Jay!

Rich
Jay

Post by Jay »

good to hear. Can't wait to see what you do with it ;)
- Jay