RTB reporting problems

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Dogga

RTB reporting problems

Post by Dogga »

Hey Jay. Tell me if you've run into this prob yet...

I run a station that has 2 live365 servers relaying our mirror server which provides the streams for live365. And we have RTB reporting the stats of the live365 servers to our website. But the thing likes to be weird. Like, sometimes it'll report the stats (like it was about an hour ago), and then it just decides to quit reporting. Like, the "stats current as of" time doesn't update on the rtb stats page on our website. It could stay like that for 10 minutes to 10 hours or more... until it decides to work again. The people who are in charge of the live365 account password info who also report the stats to the catcher.php page assure me that there's no problem on their side.

(Keep in mind, this never happened before, so I'm skeptical as to the claim that the reporting guys have everything setup right).

The problem is that the live365 accounts are theirs, and they have credit card info on the site, which restricts who can actually report the stats.

Is this a problem we can't fix? Is it on our side? On live365's side? Or is it a problem with the software itself?

Thanks.

Dogga
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

hmm I am not exactly clear on how Radio Toolbox is setup. Is someone else running Radio Toolbox for you? Or did someone else setup the catcher.php script?

Not clear on that.

Also as far as Radio Toolbox itself, if you do have it on a system in front of you, in the time frame of about 30 seconds does check your servers, the Status column will say checking... when it's in this state. Also by going to Alt+C or Current Stats. You can see if there are any errors in the Script service on the lower part of the window, if it says anything other then Script Updated then something is wrong and will be noted there.
- Jay
Dogga

Post by Dogga »

Hey Jay. Thanks for responding. :D

To answer your q's:

>>Is someone else running Radio Toolbox for you?
Yes. One of our staff members has this job as they are trusted enough to have the access to the account info for our l365 servers

>>Or did someone else setup the catcher.php script?
No. That was setup by me, and I have access to it. I've also checked the includes.php file to make sure that the right servers' stats were being reported, and indeed they are.

Now, to update...

After we had our reporter install the latest beta update to rtb, the stats are correctly reporting. I guess you did something right. ;)

But we're getting really weird numbers from live365. Like, the servers are reporting 25+ simultaneous listeners, and it's a steady number. However, there's no way our numbers could go from a max of 10 one week to an average of 30 the next. Unless our advertisement on CNET radio's Free Plug Friday made that much of a difference (lol), I'm thinking there's a prob with live365.

It's a little off-topic, but I'm just interested to hear if anyone's having these kind of weird stats.

Dogga
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

does it match the number given in the broadcast control panel at live365?

If so then it's either true or Live365 has messed something up.
- Jay