stats grab creating false listener?

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
plurfm

stats grab creating false listener?

Post by plurfm »

I've got a very strange issue where I've got the listener count constantly jumping up and down by 1 listener. I found this listener listed on my server (icecast) once and it was RTB itself.

this is creating a bunch of issues because it lengthens my graph quite a bit and creates a unique listener every time which greatly throws off the totals. (track popularity becomes based on length) I've uploaded an example graph for just the hour view (it's playing a long mix)
graph.png
(4.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
the issue started a couple days ago and was just fine before then. anybody ever seen this, or have any ideas on what to do to fix it?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: stats grab creating false listener?

Post by Jay »

Radio Toolbox makes a quick tune in to all streams it monitors. This has an important purpose in both verifying the server is actually a true audio server and making sure that it is really online and available. Things you can do to avoid this would be to lengthen the amount of time between each check interval. The server is no deregistering radio toolbox quick enough. A high rate checking interval can cause this.
- Jay