Radio Toolbox v2 RC 2

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Max

Radio Toolbox v2 RC 2

Post by Max »

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of Radio Toolbox v2 Release Candidate 2. This is a maintenance release.

This is a mostly featured locked version.

Please make sure to UNINSTALL ANY PRIOR VERSION of Radio Toolbox v2 before installing this new version.

This version is not yet production ready but is considered to be mostly stable, so feel free to start trying it out as a replacement for v1 if you feel adventurous. Online Log integration is not quite ready so if you heavily rely on the Online log feature then please keep your old rtb v1 setups until legacy integration is complete.

* new release, see the forum for more details.

It can also be grabbed in auto update from the about screen on any beta 2 or newer version.

Have fun.
PlayRadio

Re: Radio Toolbox v2 RC 2

Post by PlayRadio »

It still doesn't show the number of listeners on Shoutcast v2 servers and sometimes it freezes, especially when the option View - Detailes is active. I believe it's because it's trying to retrieve the albumart of the currently playing artist.
Looking for 90's dance and eurodance? Look no further. Listen to Play Radio.
Busby

Radio Toolbox v2 RC 2

Post by Busby »

Hello friends I'm new here - is there anything special I should know before installing this?

I am running Windows 7 on my home machine and Shoutcast Version 1 on my station..
PlayRadio

Post by PlayRadio »

I just detected another bug. I have multiple servers added and the refresh time is set to 15 seconds.
Sometimes the program is showing "Waiting for final responses..." on the bottom status bar and just sits there doing nothing (it's not freezing) even if those 15 seconds pass by. I have to restart the program in order to update the listeners number, and after some time this happens again.
Max

Post by Max »

I will look into fixing those bugs.
PlayRadio

Post by PlayRadio »

Found another bug. This weekend a source of my servers went offline and RadioToolbox didn't notice me via email about this, even though I have done the proper settings in the Notification area.
plurfm

Post by plurfm »

I tried to install this with wine on my server (since I use shoutcast 2 on a linux server) and because it requires .net framework 4.0 it turned into the biggest nightmare I've ever experienced since using linux trying to get *that* installed (or mono). just a heads up that it may have these issues when users try to run it in wine.
SpazzRadio

Post by SpazzRadio »

any word on when this will be able to connect with the online stats?

And is there a way to view listener logs? The only log file i can find is an error log.
Spazz Radio Network : Absolute Rockz, Absolute Spazz, Always HOT Country, Absolute Hitz, and NoPayRadio
putertim

Post by putertim »

Will there be a new release soon that goes past Jan 1 2013
TAD
SpazzRadio

Post by SpazzRadio »

just tried to install this and got a "Pre-Release client has expired" message
Spazz Radio Network : Absolute Rockz, Absolute Spazz, Always HOT Country, Absolute Hitz, and NoPayRadio
skoen

Post by skoen »

I get the same error message. The pre-release has expired.
Radio Toolbox user since 2005.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

- Jay