RTB No longer connecting to shoutcast reliably?

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
mrkrotos

RTB No longer connecting to shoutcast reliably?

Post by mrkrotos »

I have been running RTB for well over 2 years with no major issues, but now recently its become very unreliable.
We have updated the shoutcast to the latest version recently but not sure it was same time.

Anyone else seen this issue?

It also seemed to start after you had that last hardware issue, might be just coincidence though
Attachments
err.jpg
sc.jpg
gdradio

Re: RTB No longer connecting to shoutcast reliably?

Post by gdradio »

i have that problem

it comes and goes

RTB tells me its my connection to the provider, even though the stream runs uninterrupted...

maybe now that someone else is having the problem, it will get a second look
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

I can't really think of anything that would cause this issue except if the server that is hosting SHOUTcast is seeing Radio Toolbox connections as some sort of attack or there is some sort of bug in the new SHOUTcast version.

The error message is literally saying that when Radio Toolbox tries to connect to your servers it is getting no response and timing out.

We will investigate further on this end to see if we can have anything more conclusive to report. If you have a hosting provider, contact them to make sure that their security protocols aren't blacklisting Radio Toolbox for behavior they deem annoying.
- Jay
mrkrotos

Post by mrkrotos »

I have done a load of testing and have interesting resuts, gdradio are you using Windows 10? 64 bit OS?
i have tested on a few different machines behind different firewalls etc to my station, the Windows 10 machines arnt connecting at all right now but a windows 7 laptop behind the same firewall (pfsense) works right away. Also tested working on Server 2012R2 behind same firewall.
Seems to me like possibly an update is upsetting it, possibly .net?
mrkrotos

Post by mrkrotos »

gdradio are you using shoutcast latest version on Linux?
mrkrotos

Post by mrkrotos »

BTW Jay, my station is on a dedicated server and I have full root control. I cant see any blocks on the firewall logs and the ports are NAT'd to the SC servers direct. I havent changed any of the routing, firewall rules or filters.
mrkrotos

Post by mrkrotos »

Okay I just seen your other post and can see your on an older SC server and you mentioned 10 Pro, when you start RTB do you get the .net warning sometimes?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Jay

Post by Jay »

So we also have a setup running Windows 10 and Windows 7. The Windows 10 setup is having issues connecting to the newest SHOUTcast server version. So this is definitely starting to point to a potential .NET issue for Windows 10. The Windows 7 machine connects happily. I'll update you once we know more.
- Jay
mrkrotos

Post by mrkrotos »

Thanks Jay, let me know if you need me to do any testing this end as I have spare machines available on various OSes if needed :)
PS I still use that RTB v2.1.2 beta? you gave me and that has the same issue.
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

I am running Windows 10 64 bit

the server is SHOUTcast Server Version 1.9.8/Linux

I am using RTB v 2.1.1 (Build 300) 64 bit.
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

I for testing purposes have installed it on ANOTHER machine, at work. it has the same issue.

same OS, same version of RTB but different ISP and different type of connection (fiber optic 100 up 100 down)

OLDER versions (good old trusty 1.1.1) work FLAWLESSLY - but RTB no longer supports the logging, so i sorta HAVE to use the new version, right?
Max

Post by Max »

Please try this prerelease version of Radio Toolbox 2.1.3.
mrkrotos

Post by mrkrotos »

Seems the 2.1.3 Build 300 has cleaned this issue up :D
Although the auto update failed for me as I installed the RTB in a dif directory so PC got a bit confused :P
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

mrkrotos wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am Seems the 2.1.3 Build 300 has cleaned this issue up :D
same here. thank you!
Jay

Post by Jay »

mrkrotos wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am Seems the 2.1.3 Build 300 has cleaned this issue up :D
Although the auto update failed for me as I installed the RTB in a dif directory so PC got a bit confused :P
We would love to know more about how it failed so that we can make it work properly for you. Can you go into more detail?
- Jay