Radio Toolbox 2.2.0 is coming, here is what you should know...

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Radio Toolbox 2.2.0 is coming, here is what you should know...

Post by Jay »

Hi All,

We are going to releasing Radio Toolbox 2.2.0 early next week. Some very important changes are coming to Radio Toolbox that you should be prepared for.

First and foremost. Many bugs and memory leaks were discovered and fixed in this release. Many thanks to all of those who have reported issues to us with logs and steps to reproduce. Air Check has been enhanced quite a bit. This has always been a bit of a "test" feature to find some of the crazy things you can do with a tool like this. You can set an Audio/Time threshold and setup a notifier to let you know when things are out of compliance. The new Air Check will now auto reconnected on lost signal and has an easier to read VU meter.

Next up we will be syncing granular listener data with the log backend. Now the Online log can give you finer detail about who listeners are, what regions they are coming from. This new Online Log report will be available first quarter of 2018. The new panel will also finally give you date range selection capability and the ability to delete information from the report. We are excited about some of the new features we are incorporating into the tired and very dated report we provide today.

We are also giving you more control in how Radio Toolbox inter-operates with windows. Due to changes in the way Windows system tray notifications work in Windows 10, you can mute, be only notified of important changes, or all activities within Radio Toolbox. These notifications will go into the Windows 10 Action center. Be sure to check the "Options" panel to see the new custom features.

Importantly, for those still using Windows XP and to a lesser extent, Windows Vista. This will be the last major release for Windows XP. Future releases will simply not work in Windows XP. We highly encourage you to upgrade to Windows 7 or newer. Importantly, 2018 is going to bring an end to support for Radio Toolbox web services in Windows XP. No matter which version of Radio Toolbox you use, it will stop functioning correctly with our API. No matter your version of Radio Toolbox, it will complain about not being able to sync with your account and go into "Trial Mode". More information can be found in this post. All future versions of Radio Toolbox will emphasize compatibility with Windows 7 and higher.

Radio Toolbox 2.2.0 and above will now come with a new notification system that will allow us to directly notify you of important changes in Radio Toolbox. You will see this window as news releases and when you start the application.

This sets the stage quite nicely for enhancements coming in 2018. Important new details about these plans will be revealed early next year.
- Jay
gdradio

Re: Radio Toolbox 2.2.0 is coming, here is what you should know...

Post by gdradio »

wow! good news! thanks Jay!
hdprene

Post by hdprene »

May I echo on this... hoorey!!! :-) Thanks Jay!
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

i just noticed my join date

i'm gettin too old for this shitttt
Jay

Post by Jay »

Come and get it! 2.2.0 is released. Please let me know if you run into any problems. You can get the latest update by going to the About page of your Radio Toolbox and choosing Update.
- Jay
icecreamsundae

Post by icecreamsundae »

.200 crashes on my computer during startup.
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

Jay wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 pm Come and get it! 2.2.0 is released. Please let me know if you run into any problems. You can get the latest update by going to the About page of your Radio Toolbox and choosing Update.
it works ok for me, no errors. thanks again!
Jay

Post by Jay »

icecreamsundae wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 am .200 crashes on my computer during startup.
Please private message me your logs.
gdradio wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:38 am
Jay wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 pm Come and get it! 2.2.0 is released. Please let me know if you run into any problems. You can get the latest update by going to the About page of your Radio Toolbox and choosing Update.
it works ok for me, no errors. thanks again!
Awesome!
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

I just thought I would let you all know that a bug fix release is on the way. This one tackles a TON of GUI glitches and crashes. Look for it this week.

Big items tackled in this one are:
  • Menu functionality is much more consistent and now should work as expected.
  • Tab window now offers to reattach vs just attaching when you drag it over the main window.
  • Full station information can now be copied to the clipboard allowing you to move stations between Radio Toolbox instances.
  • More detailed confirmation windows.
  • Server Lists are now much less glitchy
  • Stability and performance improvements to the map view.
  • You can now move servers between stations using the server windows and tabs.
  • Much more improved Song tracking, Radio Toolbox will now track one server so long as it is available.
  • Radio Toolbox now has Proxy options and makes it clear how it handles traffic (See options panel for more information)
  • Many other bug fixes
We are just doing some Q/A tests on it to make sure it really is being put through it's paces.
- Jay
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

the auto update 2.2.1 seems to have broken my install...
reboot didnt help
uninstall > reboot > reinstall - same error

GUI never loads - so where are the logfiles

better yet, can I have install for 2.2.0 back so I can get working again?
Jay

Post by Jay »

I'll PM you.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

2.2.2 is out. This update fixes the issues experienced by gdradio and adds a new Ping before check feature that cancels a check when pings to hosts you specify fail. There are default hosts set, but you can remove and add your own hosts from the Options window. For best results, make sure that the hosts are on the greater Internet and that they aren't the server that you are checking.

Grab it from the following url!

https://www.radiotoolbox.com/downloads/ ... -2-300.exe
- Jay
johnsterosa

Poorly Formed URL error

Post by johnsterosa »

Hello -

[This is using the new Radio Toolbox 2.2.2 (Build 300) 64-bit]
When i try to add our stations to Radio Toolbox i get an error :
"Failed Opening File/ Poorly Formed URL".

Adding the same way i always have:
File>Open URL>...[add IP & port],,,,>Import .......I see it and highlight, then click "import" (this is where i get error).
Happens for both of our stations.

Thank you!
- Mark Johnston
Last edited by johnsterosa on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnsterosa

Post by johnsterosa »

This is using the new Radio Toolbox 2.2.2 (Build 300) 64-bit
Jay

Post by Jay »

Can you private message me the actual url so I can test on this end?
- Jay