Radio Toolbox doesn't work anymore...

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
DJNameless

Radio Toolbox doesn't work anymore...

Post by DJNameless »

I only get the error message "Pinging to determine internet health". I didn't change anything in the software or my computer.
Max

Re: Radio Toolbox doesn't work anymore...

Post by Max »

We really haven't had time to look into why you specifically would be getting that error.

You must have an invalid configuration. RTB checks to see if it has a valid internet by pinging Google DNS servers. This can be changed by the end-user in Tools -> Options -> Connection -> Ping before check. By default it is check and has the value of "8.8.8.8; 8.8.4.4".
DJNameless

Post by DJNameless »

Okay... perhaps we can find the problem, it seems you know that the internet configurations is invalid. Now I have made two screenshots.
rtb1.jpg
rtb2.jpg
I have always used the default settings there. Only since a few days, Radio Toolbox can't connect anymore, even though I haven't changed anything. Perhaps this helps you. Eventually, must I type in other settings there in the configuration window?
Max

Post by Max »

You would have to change the Ping IPs as something is blocking your connection to Google DNS. Either that or run without the Ping Before Check.
DJNameless

Post by DJNameless »

Now I have disabled the checkbox "Ping before Check", but this doesn't help. So I would have to change the IP's. So which numbers do I have to type in there?
Max

Post by Max »

Have you restarted Radio Toolbox after disabling the check?
DJNameless

Post by DJNameless »

Yes of course. But after a restart, Radio Toolbox resets to the default settings. "Ping before check" is then enabled again, I have to disable it again .... and so on. It is also showy, that Radio Toolbox can't be shut down by mouse click; only by Ctrl+Alt+Del. Even uninstall and re-install didn't help.
Max

Post by Max »

There is something wrong with your network that is either banning ICMP echo requests (pings) or Google DNS. You will need to fix this on your side.

We'll look into why the ping before check isn't being able to be disabled when we have available time.
DJNameless

Post by DJNameless »

Now Radio Toolbox works impeccable again. And again I didn't change anything at my PC / Internet, so the problem seemed to be elsewhere. But now it is solved. What was the root cause?
Max

Post by Max »

As I said, something on your network blocking ICMP echo (pings) or access to Google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4). That is outside our control.