Help Needed Using FTP Service

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
eccentricbeats

Help Needed Using FTP Service

Post by eccentricbeats »

My webhost does not allow fsocketopen commands. So I'm guessing that the script service won't work, as most scripts I've seen need fsocketopen.

I'd like to use the ftp service option to upload what I'm currently playing. I've set up my info to match my ftp info for my server (I broadcast on my home computer).

I get the following error:

It says Username/Password Not Accepted, I have double checked the login and it's accurate, why am I getting aerror?

ftp server: eccentricbeats.com (note I didn't put wwww or ftp:// in front)

This is what I get for results: http://www.eccentricbeats.com/test/stats
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

looks like it works to me, the error your showing is for the Online Log service, to see the FTP service status go to Tools -> Current Stats.

Also just for the record, the script service does *not* use fsockopen(), so it will probably work on their server.
- Jay
eccentricbeats

Post by eccentricbeats »

Jay wrote:looks like it works to me, the error your showing is for the Online Log service, to see the FTP service status go to Tools -> Current Stats.

Also just for the record, the script service does *not* use fsockopen(), so it will probably work on their server.
No it's not working because it's not showing the proper track. If you check it now it'll still have the same song when it should be saying Hour 1 AM Mix.
Jay

Post by Jay »

any errors for the FTP Service?
- Jay
eccentricbeats

Post by eccentricbeats »

Jay wrote:any errors for the FTP Service?
I get the following error:

It says Username/Password Not Accepted, I have double checked the login and it's accurate, why am I getting aerror?

ftp server: eccentricbeats.com (note I didn't put wwww or ftp:// in front)

When I do a regular ftp attempt to connect to it via internet explorer or cute ftp I can get in no problem.....
Jay

Post by Jay »

ok ignore the Message: (Log Stored (invalid login) waiting 3600 secs)

this is for the Log service.

you are just concerned with the FTP service.

What do you have entered in for the FTP service fields, besides your Username and Password?
- Jay
eccentricbeats

Post by eccentricbeats »

The script has been working I guess all along, but the problem is with the output:

http://www.eccentricbeats.com/test/tracks

I wanted to customize the look of the results and instead it's all white now, so you can't see the current playing track.
Jay

Post by Jay »

went to your site, and you have output up there. Did you figure it out?
- Jay
eccentricbeats

Post by eccentricbeats »

Jay wrote:went to your site, and you have output up there. Did you figure it out?
Yeah, I figurd it out, thanks the script works great....

For the touch interval on the general options screen does that mean how often it logs into my ftp and uploads the new track? If so, what is the highest value you can put in for seconds.
Jay

Post by Jay »

touch interval is how often it touches your audio server's, the program is written in such a way that it only FTP's something when there is a change in overall stats, other wise you will note that in the Current Stats screen FTP service will say Standing by... This is to keep it from hammering your FTP Server with uneeded uploads.
- Jay