Has anyone done this already? PHP Script to email out

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
jgroenke

Has anyone done this already? PHP Script to email out

Post by jgroenke »

Firstly I'd like to thank the folx at RadioToolBox Development team for a very handy and useful tool!

Secondly, I'd like to establish my knowledgeset with you all:
I'm no script programmer. Matter of fact I -=just=- found out that the tray that pops out when you press the button on the front of your computer isn't for your coffee cup, it's for a CD! 8O

I do, however, run about 20 streams and use RTB to monitor them on a realtime basis (when I'm near a 'puter). What I was hoping is that some bright person has already created a script which would work with RTB ver 1.0.0's function to send forms about the monitored streams to monitor the content of said form and send an email to a specified location with a descriptive subject line.
The conditions I envision wanting to trigger an outbound email are:
Stream down:
Stream returned to UP status
and Stream at max listener status.

Sort of a poor man's SNMP function.
Seems simple enough (to someone who knows how to write scripts)

So I'm wondering if it already exists, and if so would it be freely available? The environment I envision running the script(s) would be the linux 7.3 box that hosts the streams themselves. It has sendmail enabled, and is a plain vanilla 7.3 implementation with Apache web support and the like.

Anyone know of something in existence?

Thanks
Jim G.
www.railroadradio.net