timezone and server time?

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
wkps

timezone and server time?

Post by wkps »

hi guys,

love the software and the site, but i have some questions.

i am in the east, and i think u are central? this explains the one hour behind the graph is off, however, your graph is also off by 10min. i think your server needs its time sync'd, and it should be set to sync automatically every so often to an external source.

(iow, your graph is 50min behind, not a full and accurate hour)

second, can the graph not be made to represent the timezone (and server time) of where the radiotoolbox 1.1.1 is installed?

third, can the graph not be broken up along the way to at least show the date and and day?

fourth, can the graph not alternate colors to show different days?

fifth, can the graph be made so that hours don't get crushed together where there is no change in online listeners?

i'll leave it there for now. thx a lot for the great service, we use it all the time! (thus all the suggestions)

-mdw
wkps

Post by wkps »

was the previous post in bad taste or something? no foul was meant... ?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

no, I got your suggestions and will try to implement some of them at some point. Just been busy.
- Jay
wkps

Post by wkps »

i was just curious if any of these things are actively "under development" and if the 10min issue has been fixed?

thx, -mdw
Jay

Post by Jay »

our server now syncs with US government time servers.

As for your other suggestions

I am not sure I am understanding all of them, you are using not in many of the sentences where I think you are just asking if something could be done.

For instance: second, can the graph not be made to represent the timezone (and server time) of where the radiotoolbox 1.1.1 is installed?

This question is confusing as it implies the graph does this. It does not, we use the time on our servers and because of the complexity of the system I cannot trust the source for time.

Please rephrase your suggestions so that I can understand them and I will comment on the rest.
- Jay
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

i'll help.

second, can the graph be made to represent the timezone (and server time) of where the radiotoolbox 1.1.1 is installed?

third, can the graph be broken up along the way to at least show the date and and day?

fourth, can the graph alternate colors to show different days?

fifth, can the graph be made so that hours don't get crushed together where there is no change in online listeners?
wkps

Post by wkps »

Jay,

gdradio nailed it, those are my questions.

let me know if you need further clarification or want to know exactly what i'm looking for...

btw, i haven't figured out how to get my automation to publish the artist/track into winamp/shoutcast yet, but i'm working on it, (which might explain some of my questions.

thx again for the great service, -mdw
wkps

Post by wkps »

Jay,

i am curious what u think of these questions?

have u decided they aren't worth it, or are you simply too busy?

just curious, still love rtb. -mdw
Jay

Post by Jay »

yes all of those things are possible but and the timezone thing would be reletively easy to implement but the graph changes would take a reworking of the service which I plan to do soon. Stay tuned.
- Jay
wkps

Post by wkps »

would love to see these implemented soon...