NRGSERVERS.NET false advertising

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
vboogieman
Stream Host

NRGSERVERS.NET false advertising

Post by vboogieman »

I opened a SHOUTcast account with NRGSERVERS.NET 3 days ago and found out it was down this morning when I was able to check my broadcast.

I ordered from their bargain deals page a 200 slot 64k shoutcast server and never got to 100 slots before they shut me down.

Nice business plan offer insane prices and just cancel the customer if they actually use the bandwidth.

After a few hours of my emails to NRGSERVERS.NET they finally responded with the following.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 10:56 AM
To: BrainGell Radio
Subject: Re: SHOUTcast server down without any response from many attempts to contact NRGSERVERS

Hi,

We regret to inform you that we can no longer offer you a 200 slot 64kbit server for $35/month. There are extreme cases where the usage is so high it is deemed disruptive to our other clients residing around your server, which is the case for your account, which makes it impossible for us to continue to offer low prices. Unfortunately you may have to look elsewhere for your high usage needs, we apologize it had to come to this, but we cannot continue to offer low prices to you, we lose money by the hundreds. I've refunded the payment you sent.

Regards,
Tariq

How's that for nonsesnse after 3 days of service and I never maxed out the connection I PAID FOR....

Hey NRGSERVERS.NET, If you can't handle the usage than you shouldn't be offering a 200 slot server for 35 bucks a month. THAT IS FALSE ADVERTISING.

I would recommend that no one use nrgservers.net unless you are getting only a handful of listeners as to not disrupt their FALSE AND MISLEADING advertising on their site.
vBoogieMan - BrainGell Radio
http://www.braingell.com

Do you need your SHOUTcast DNAS hosted?
http://www.vbdigital.com
Keiichi

Post by Keiichi »

Wow that's bad, but did you really expect them to honor such a rediculous deal? That being said they should be taken to court over that.