Auto Detect / Listen Now script/solution?

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
cjpopp

Auto Detect / Listen Now script/solution?

Post by cjpopp »

I'm trying to go from a link based method of tuning in on my site to one that's a "little more slick" where the listener can get asked their connection speed, player preference and then it will load the station for them.

Thought about doing simple forms so if the listener has say 56k dialup they will get sent to another page with the players supported and they would then check what player they have and then click a listen now button.

Is there a better way to do this? I know broadcast.com used to have a nice method, same with Live365.

Thanks,
Chris
jrobbo199

Re: Auto Detect / Listen Now script/solution?

Post by jrobbo199 »

[quote="cjpopp"]I'm trying to go from a link based method of tuning in on my site to one that's a "little more slick" where the listener can get asked their connection speed, player preference and then it will load the station for them.

You mean like where the user loads your front page of the website and immediatly hear audio according to their internet speed and player. I have sussed it in dreamweaver 8 and its dead simple but only applies to loading front page and only one predefined audio being streamed, even then sometimes the audio will work but front page will fail to load.
If you have any joy please let me know.
Anyone in RTB knows the answer to this????
PLEASE
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it would be just a matter of detecting their bandwidth with java and using java to determine if an embedded object exists.

No I do not have code to do this but any decent web developer can do this.
- Jay
jrobbo199

Subject

Post by jrobbo199 »

Cool, thanks fella, ermm I dont suppose you know one, thats willing to help out...lol