PHP Script to change server IP?

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
Fynci

PHP Script to change server IP?

Post by Fynci »

Hi all,

I previously ran a shoutcast station, and had a host with a number of DJs. However, it was hardly cost effective as it was only used as and when, as it was just shared between a small group of friends (5-10 listeners maximum).

Basically, I'd like to be able to do this again, however, I'd resent paying $x for poor quality, when you can broadcast via your IP to however many listeners you want for nothing...

However, I'd like to have a static webpage where the people would just come and click on the button, and it would automatically call up the IP of the person broadcasting.

What I was wondering was, is there a php script that is available, which has a logging on/logging off system, where it would change the server IP address? I've seen one which changes the DJ name, however I haven't seen one which would change those settings.

Thanks for any help/advice.
Dolphin
Stream Host

Hello Fynci!

Post by Dolphin »

Hello Fynci!

You can Download the script at
http://www.salamancanetwork.net/dslradio.zip
mouse2mouse
Stream Host

Post by mouse2mouse »

Hope the script works for you. Don't forget now that aac+ means that you can broadcast at a low bitrate without sacrificing audio quality. You internet connection might be OK for 10 listeners max at 32kbps if you are lucky.