yellow pages

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
switch_19

yellow pages

Post by switch_19 »

I have set up a radio shoutcast source and server on my computer. i have 2 questions,

firstly i have up to 8 meb broadband, is this enough or should i find another server to stream off, and

secondly i have it all up and running, i recieve no errors, but i cannot find my station on the yellow pages, how can i access it without going through there, is there an web address i can insert to open the stream? i havent put a web address into URL slot on my shoutcast source, is this the reason i cant find it on the yellow pages?

thanks
tattered jeans bursting at the seams, severs my heartstrings...
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

be aware that it is your upload you are concerned with when broadcasting and broadband provider only speak of download when they give you a plan. Your upload will generally be much lower, under 1 mbps. You can run a speed test at www.dslreports.com/stest/ to determine your upload. Use the Find IP tool in the Online Tools of this site to find your IP address, use this address in conjunction with your Port number to tune in directly to your stream without a yp.

for ex: http://your.ip:8000/ would be the way your address might look, but you need to plug the real IP in there.
- Jay
switch_19

thanks

Post by switch_19 »

thanks, it got up and running, but everytime i start up my computer, each day, my IP changes , even tho i changed to a static ip, according to that site that does all the port forwarding. now my listeners cant access my radio at all!!! i dunno what 2 do. ive tryed checking my ip and changing the addi for the radio accordingly, but that doesnt seem to work either[/i]
tattered jeans bursting at the seams, severs my heartstrings...
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

get a dynamic dns service like noip or dyndns.
- Jay