how to allow streaming of multiple mp3 files

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
paldo

how to allow streaming of multiple mp3 files

Post by paldo »

Hallo
I\'m obviously new and I need some good hints. I\'ve uploaded on my server a few mp3 files. With this html tag <embed src=\"song1.mp3\" width=\"32\" height=\"32\"></embed> song1 is streamed when clicked on my file.html ( that contains song1). If I add song2 the two songs are played simultaneously. How to avoid it? Song2 should play when song1 has finished.
Thanks for your precious help.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

you need to do a playlist as the source then, also make sure you are embedding a functional player.
- Jay
paldo

Post by paldo »

Jay wrote:you need to do a playlist as the source then, also make sure you are embedding a functional player.
Thanks Jay, you give me the hint I\'ve needed. The streaming works fine on my PC but not on my Mac. It seems that OSX can not recognize the file extension m3u (playlist.m3u), I can\'t find a plug-in that I can install on my Mac in order to make the streaming possible. Is there a file extention that can be read by any operating system? Can you give me another key to my problem?

Thanks

Paldo (Switzerland)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

m3u is a fairly well recognized playlist format. If you are embedding with Windows Media try ASX
- Jay