Streamguys, Live365, or AlinQ?

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming

Who is the best stream host?

StreamGuys (128 kbps)
67%
Live365 (with Live broadcasting)
No votes
AlinQ (24 kbps + 10 coccurrent listeners)
33%

Total votes: 3

PhatTommy

Streamguys, Live365, or AlinQ?

Post by PhatTommy »

I got a question for all the experts here.

I am planning to get a remote server. I have heard mixed feelings about the three top hosters.

Streamguys is good, they seem to be the cheapest, but they recently screwed up another radio station's server. (Vampire Radio, they still have yet to fix it).

AlinQ looks pretty promising, but they seem to expensive. $10 a month?

Live365 charges about $11 a month for Live streaming. However, I have never heard any problems with them.

Can someone tell me which is the best?
Thanks,
DJ Necromancer
http://djnecro.commorragh.org
Underground Music DJ and e-SportsCaster
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

well I have used all three and I will be honest I did it for review purposes and they knew I was reviewing their services.

StreamGuys - Good for the price they charge. I have had no major incidents with their service in the past 5 months

AlinQ - We had a setup there for a little while last fall and the stream seemed real stable the price was also comparable to StreamGuys. We had no major incidents during the 3 months we were on with them.

Live365 - Service has gotten better on this service, as it should have been from the start. Live365 does not use SHOUTcast however, and therefore logging is different. No title streaming on their service STILL :) and slow buffer times.
- Jay
sound selecta

Post by sound selecta »

Streamguys: Pretty good and their tech support is pretty good. Had a few problems with in the last three montsh but were resolved quickly

Alinq: I cant comment on their servers as I never go to use them, but thats because they would not return my emails even after I signed up.

L365: If you are hurting for cash then I guess thay would suffice.