Transition between Recorded and Live

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
XVampireX

Transition between Recorded and Live

Post by XVampireX »

Hi, I'm new here, I would just like to ask a simple question, I hope people could answer. I'm trying to create an internet radio stream for people to tune in, now the difference between my radio is that half of it is music and the other half is live shows, just that I don't know of any internet radios (In english) that have live shows, most of them are just music 24/7, so the question is, is there some tool to stop all the music, say I use muse (Just an example) and I put all kinds of music into the playlist, now it plays it, after some time I want to stop the music and start streaming a show inside the studio, is it possible? Is there some tool that can help me greatly with all of that? I'm thinking of using either plain icecast2 or steamcast as the server, I'm not sure yet....

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated just so you know I'm doing the radio for the good of the community here where I live, it's gonna be something extra interesting...

Thanks again.
Sergey
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Do you have a specific budget for this?
- Jay
XVampireX

Post by XVampireX »

Well seeing as I work with someone from the municipality here in the city on this project he arranges all the money and I'm arranging the rest..

So yes I have the budget for this.
Jay

Post by Jay »

I would get a DJ automation system like SAM to do this. The software will allow you to script a scheduled live event.

www.spacialaudio.com for details on SAM
- Jay
XVampireX

Post by XVampireX »

Hi, thank you for the tip but I can't find any mention for real live audio streaming only recorded ones....

Another thing is that I want to run the stream client on linux, if you know of any good programs that work on linux, it would be really helpful. Thanks.
Jay

Post by Jay »

This product can stream live as well as files.

As for linux there really isn't a good broadcasting solution yet that I have been able to build and test.

Just a quick search revealed a project though http://www.onlymeok.nildram.co.uk/

Not quite sure how well it will work for live input or if the players can connect to streams like in SAM.
- Jay