Novice need just a little help

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
kidstar

Novice need just a little help

Post by kidstar »

I am developing a web site for a Children's Charity - The charity actually teaches kids from Elementary to Jr. High to run a professional level radio station!! Pretty cool huh! Well - we are just converting all to web radio - now the kids can broad cast beyond the parking lot.

We have just converted our first Boys & Girls Club - so I want to serve up the feed direct from our website. Now this should be a snap, but I don't know exactly how to explain what I need. The site is being developed using Joomla - I have a perfect little component that if I have the right link information will serve the fee using our own player vs. having the visitor do the download of the .pls file. The streaming is done with a ShoutCast (from what I can tell)

Here is the IP link - 38.96.148.39:6450 - I was also offered this code to just create a link

Code: Select all

http://tvm.serverroom.us:6450/listen.pls
, but as I said I want to embed it in our module JoomRadio - (I'll do something fancier later) -

What do I ask for or is that can I pull what I need from this link? I've tried tvm.serverroom.us:6450 - but no joy. I'm also posting to the Joomla forum, but I don't think I have the correct information I need.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!!