VBR Streaming & Stats for On-Demand Mp3 via Mp3 ToolBox

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming

Speech File coded at vbr 32-192 Give average of 48-56k and EncSpot says Yellow Q While ABR 64 given Green By EncSpot, So is ABR 64 Really better in this case compared to the VBR?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:42 pm

VBR Is better
No votes
VBR Is better
No votes
ABR Is Better
No votes

Total votes: 0

jaleel

VBR Streaming & Stats for On-Demand Mp3 via Mp3 ToolBox

Post by jaleel »

Hi,

I tried to stream on demand speech vbr files,
seems like mp3 toolbox 1 beta 5 messed the audio file badly.
The same file were good if i use winamp to open the url for my mp3 vbr direcly without using mp3 toolbox 1 beta .

My Questions

1-Is Mp3 toolbox capable of serving vbr files?
2-Is there a way to have mp3 toolbox to log clicks for the on demand files so me and my visitor can know which mp3 are demanded by others.

Thanks

Jaleel
Last edited by jaleel on Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

VBR should stream in the on-demand part however the details given by mp3 toolbox about the mp3 will be incorrect. VBR should work in other aspects of mp3toolbox as long as you do not set a bitrate filter in the config.

you cannot at this time use Radio Toolbox and Mp3 toolbox interchangably, however that is an interesting idea once I get around to finishing beta 6.
- Jay
jaleel

Post by jaleel »

Hi,

The details is incorrect - that is quite ok but The major problem is the mp3 are not correctly streamed, what happens is some part of the audio is repeated and some part are not played.
Even if it is downloaded using link in Mp3 toolbox the file messed up which do not happen if it is linked directly.

These are my conf
$base_bitrate = "";
$stream_freq = "11025";
$stream_bitrate = "";

http://muslimin.cjb.net/ - sample files

Please note the audio is a quran recitation which meaning is as below, If you are offended by such material please do not listen but actually the meaning is acceptable by all religion.

1. Al-Fâtihah : The Opening
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
The Beneficent, the Merciful.
Owner of the Day of Judgment,
Thee (alone) we worship; Thee alone we ask for help.
Show us the straight path,
The path of those whom Thou hast favored; Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who astray.
jaleel

Post by jaleel »

Hmm this is also weird,

The CBR 16k are also messed up -
they work perfectly on my production server but not in my personal server running windows :D . maybe this is the problem?

Mp3 Toolbox and win32 not compatible?

also what about a simple click tracking within mp3 toolbox without the need for additional radiotoolbox ?

thanks

Jaleel
jaleel

Post by jaleel »

jaleel wrote:Hmm this is also weird,

The CBR 16k are also messed up -
they work perfectly on my production server but not in my personal server running windows :D . maybe this is the problem?

Mp3 Toolbox and win32 not compatible?

also what about a simple click tracking within mp3 toolbox without the need for additional radiotoolbox ?

thanks

Jaleel

heh, finally got it working correctly - cbr worked fine if there is no vbr file in the same dir .. then it must have been the mp3 toolbox not supporting vbr eventhough those vbr contain vbr header in them .. quite disappointed but hey this one worked without major problem .

Thanks Jay for a good script
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

tracking usage will start to come in the next beta.
- Jay
jaleel

Good news :) for tracking then

Post by jaleel »

Thanks Jay .

Hope you can add these as well