I need a little of help with SHOUTcast ICY Protocol

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
bmpsys

I need a little of help with SHOUTcast ICY Protocol

Post by bmpsys »

Hi guys! I need a little of help with this:

I'm developing an embedded microcontroller based device which has to connect to a server and recieve mp3 stream (over ethernet). Can anyone help me to connect to some server and see what thiago rod saw for a better understanding of the protocol?

I mean, somebody help me to connect, by telnet or something, to some server, to see clearly what should I send and what should I expect or tell me what should I read in order to do it.I'll be very very very gratefull, =).

Best Regards!

Bruno
bmpsys

Re: The SHOUTcast Streaming Standard [Technical]

Post by bmpsys »

[quote="thiagorod"]I have been trying this command on HyperTerminal :

get / HTTP/1.1

Connected to a Shoutcast radio, IP address 88.191.102.29:7204

I get the reply

ICY 200 OK
icy-notice1:<BR>This stream requires <a href="http://www.winamp.com/">Winamp</a><BR>
icy-notice2:SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/win32 v1.9.8<BR>
icy-name:Techno - D I G I T A L L Y - I M P O R T E D - From Minimal to Detroit to Schranz & all in between!
icy-genre:Electronic Techno EDM
icy-url:http://www.di.fm
content-type:audio/mpeg
icy-pub:1
icy-br:96

And then endless data like this

i¬CC€›‚-¤ <£ˆÌ{=;'°y;ƒ!ãZ^÷Éàà0ï”w8ˆZ8p1nâÏ•ìDN"_“‘½!û»½èp0ï?âñ¯]"ÏПýߎçÉù8–-¸®ØQDº—‹Œóæ ƒµ4¡€ÂcÖÿÛõWfŸ®†|Õ2›nÇ@&)åœ A]Ãp¤Œ¨UƨQÀ  HfL°e0fY£¶.!µASC€n,›G2†ð–¿mËÏ;_Ú~™ï)ôò=pñ ÇE2Gõqy”ÒÈzXM&Ê‹<²‚Û,Kdp &X2_>q+›5$*8 …”lhµ»B²lAI ÆÐ (¢ –&rÖ”S±z1‚èdï ©_XK#4r3àÛ #....

I guess this is the MP3 stream... is that correct? Can I send this to a decoder?
Regards,[/quote]

Hi guys! I need a little of help with this:

I'm developing an embedded microcontroller based device which has to connect to a server and recieve mp3 stream (over ethernet). Can anyone help me to connect to some server and see what thiago rod saw for a better understanding of the protocol?

I mean, somebody help me to connect, by telnet or something, to some server, to see clearly what should I send and what should I expect or tell me what should I read in order to do it.I'll be very very very gratefull, =).

Best Regards!

Bruno
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: I need a little of help with SHOUTcast ICY Protocol

Post by Jay »

If you make no special request for meta data then yes you can just send the data after the headers straight to the decoder. Be aware that there is no frame sync in SHOUTcast, so your decoder will need to hunt down the first frame of data itself.
- Jay