Im kinda new at this and need help

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

I just tried going there and got a page full of ads, are you certain that's the correct url, btw if I haven't responded to your post yet, use the edit button please, the thread is getting quite large with all the responses to your own post, thanks.
- Jay
kill

Post by kill »

or can i put like a ftp:// like or something? i still get an error but its not the same. let me see if this works... ok the site email said the DNA won't be done for a few hours and that i can upload anything i want but it won't be able to be viewed for a few hours. You think it will work then man?ok man its wooking now but im still getting an error. Try to save the php file and tell me whats wrong... it says error (Log stored(invalid login!) ) whats that?
Last edited by kill on Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

Post by Jay »

no you use the FTP service tab to setup FTP otherwise if you want to use Script service just point to the url of catcher.php
- Jay
kill

Post by kill »

so do i even fill out the ftp thing if im using script service? because i have both filled out. Because now im getting the stupid copyright pop up that won't let you run Rtb. This is really hard :(
Last edited by kill on Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

Post by Jay »

you can but it's not neccessary they are independent of each other.
- Jay
kill

Post by kill »

Its poping up when i start the program. What is this? i dont even have a server listed and its still poping up. How do i fix it?
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea you hit a small bug in beta 4 where the copyright header missing comes up to get rid of that open rtb.ini and remove the line that reads:

Code: Select all

Sos=TRUE
the pop up will continue until you get a proper catcher url placed so you need to make sure that when you go to the catcher.php script through your webserver it looks sort of like this:

Copyright RadioToolBox.com another great application from Jay Krivanek
BADPASSWORD
If it doesn't look anything like this or comes out look like straight code then you have problems on your webserver.
- Jay
kill

Post by kill »

it looks like this

Copyright RadioToolBox.com another great application from Jay Krivanek<br>

<?php

include("config.php");

Is that wrong? because i still get the pop up

3. In some cases it will be neccessary to make includes.php a World writable file
You can do this by CHMOD-ing the file to 777 so that catcher.php can write to it.
Otherwise you will experience problems.

And how do i do that?
Jay

Post by Jay »

if you see php code in the output then your server is not properly parsing php files.
Just FYI:

<?php 

include("config.php");
is php code.
- Jay
kill

Post by kill »

ok im still getting not online. This stuff is really really hard. I mean. The url is right. The user and pass it right. I an puting the right DIR. and i also think i edited it the right way. What can be the problem then!.... :( Ok hold on i just changed my IP since i kinda have 2 and now it looks like it is working better, but not working. Like, it will look like its trying to connect. then is say invalid login!. So like what can be wrong now?my includes file only has this

<?php
?>

Is there anything i need to place in there. My config file looks like this.

<?php$mode='flat_file';/*Set this to your Radio ToolBox Username*/$rtb_user = '(Myusername)';/*Set this to your Radio ToolBox Password*/$rtb_pass = '(Mypassword)';/*Set this to the amount of Songs you want accumulated in History.*/$song_history = 20;/*Full Path to includes directoryif you want the scripts to use the full path to the includes.php file rather then thereletive path then use this setting. Be sure to include the trailing slash. Leave blankto use the reletive path.*/$includes_path = "";?>

This is still really hard, i have been trying to do this for days. I hope it dose not take me much longer...is it just me or is it kinda hard?
Jay

Post by Jay »

it's really not this hard, but you do need to have some knowledge about php so at least you can troubleshoot possible problems you could come accross. And you need to have a basic understanding of server setups and permissions. You can just use the FTP service instead, it's a little more straight forward, and if you understand and know your FTP settings for your webserver, it should take you no time to setup.
- Jay
kill

Post by kill »

Still no going good, do i need to clear any ports at all?