Displaying current song/song history on web page

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
msjekyllk

Displaying current song/song history on web page

Post by msjekyllk »

Reading this forum has been a great help to get my stream up and running correctly. I have miniscule knowlege of php, but by reading faq's, and many posts related to problems i have had, i am "almost" happy with the end results of my tinkering. I have two remaining problems, stumping me.
Some background:
I use winamp and shoutcast to stream off my computer at home from behing a firewall (norton internet security and windows xp). I am on dsl and hve a dynamic ip, which was a hassle, i used to use shoutcast, plus a client to update my ip to a static domain name. My web hosting company supports php and i used a script to show current song/past 20 songs/offline status via mystatic domain name. I didn't quite undestand it but it worked. Now with Radio toolbox i don't need to run my dns update client. I can show curent song and song history and link to my strem without a problem. But, when my pc is off, or i am not streaming, how can I show the my stream is "offline" instead of showing the last thing i played (my last include.php) is all that will display. How can I simply display that the stream is "offline".
Problem 2:
i can do without this, but i tried out the script to use the songband1.png graphic. I can't make this work, could this be a problem with the php supported by my web hosting site?
Thanks in advance for any insights.
MsJ
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

If you are using the script service in Radio Toolbox then you can just yank out the status variable and play around with that, look at includes.php to see what I mean.

As for the songband make sure that your host has GD support compiled into PHP.
- Jay