Stream hosts that takes credit card?

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
juanchi

Stream hosts that takes credit card?

Post by juanchi »

Anyone knows if there are any good stream host with low prices that take credit card without using paypal, I live in Panama and unfortunately my country is not listed in paypal and I just want to use my credit card and broadcast as soon as posible I can, any help will be apreciated, TIA.

P.D. streamguys takes credit card but they request that you send a fax. Why are these hosts use paypal? I know is a good service but they are limiting themself from receiving customers from other countries, I host my site with a company in the States and I didn't have this kind of problem in the past with any web hosting company, but with stream hosts this is a totaly different story.
amps

Post by amps »

Have you thought about sending money order? If you pay several months at once i think most stream hosts would be OK with that.

Streamguys makes you fax your ID and signed authorization so you cannot make a charge back. I think most hosts use Paypal because you are generally better protected from fraudulent orders.
-amps
juanchi

Post by juanchi »

Thanks for your help amps but I'm using www.mediacast1.com, they set me up fast and everything went smooth with them, I'm streaming using vorbis ogg, so far I have no regreat of my decision, the only sit back will be the fact that windows media player do not support vorbis ogg but I'm sure that will change soon, this format is as good as medicast1 and better yet is less expensive.