Help With Streaming Bandwith

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
eccentricbeats

Help With Streaming Bandwith

Post by eccentricbeats »

Instead of paying per slot, is their a provider/method where I can upload a day's worth of music, create a playlist, and then have it stream on demand.

I'd like to be able to broadcast in 128 kbps quality, but wouldn't want to pay for less/more slots than need be. If there was a way so the bandwith is only allocated to those tuning in that'd be great.

I'm guessing that I'd have to set up a server account with unlimited bandwith per month.

All feedback welcome.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

hmm not sure, you would definately pay more per slot with this type of setup, also the provider would have to have this type of tool, and currently there really are no tools out there (as far as I know) suited for this need that have a great user base, so this certainly will be a custom service.
- Jay
madmick

Post by madmick »

You really will have your work cutout finding a server to do a 24hr stint,as its usually 10 min @any bitrate for a min period of 1 month.
This might be stating the obvious,presuming you have a web site,why not stream on demand from there ,Jay has an excellent piece on how to do it.
Again stating the obvious the encoded bitrate of the file you upload will be the broadcast bitrate.
madmick

Post by madmick »

Having said that try here :(
http://mediacast1.com/single_events.php