Display radio tracks on web site....?Heeeeeeeeeeelp!

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
stig

Display radio tracks on web site....?Heeeeeeeeeeelp!

Post by stig »

Hey guys.

I really need an expert's help here!

We run a webzine and a Shoutcast web radio. The song titles currently played on the radio are displayed on the top of our site.
This stopped working a couple of days ago. Approx at the same time we got a new password for the server... Our web master is away for a long time and I don't have enough knowledge to figure this out by my self.

On the streamserver we use OTS DJ for playing the music and Toolbox to generate the titles for the site. When I first tried to figure out what was wrong it said that the local host were off line, but it still showed what we were playing (and the amount of listeners). Unfortunately I deleted that by a mistake :(

Well, starting on scratch.... Can anyone please explain step by step what to do?

Got the Radio Toolbox, listed in Shoutcast.... Hmmmm?

I would be VERY greatful!

Thanx,
Stig

I probably need to "add server" and fill in IP (which IP address?), port (it says 8000 now..) and mount (what is that....?)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

you are using an old version of Radio Toolbox, please upgrade.

As far as which ip address you use that depends on where your audio server's are located.
- Jay
stig

Post by stig »

Where do I upgrade? Cannot find the link...?!
Jay

Post by Jay »

- Jay
stig

Post by stig »

Hey Jay

Thanx for helping me!

I just downloaded the new version of Radio Toolbox. What do I do next? It is installed on the same server as OTS DJ program. However, I think we got the information from the Shoutcast page before or couldn't that be...? Should the IP address point to the server that streams the radio on the Net?

Sorry, I am just this stupid.. :oops:
Jay

Post by Jay »

if you know where your listeners usually click to connect to the stream, usually a pls or m3u file, you can find this link and right click on it and choose "Save Target As" from the context menu, then load this file into winamp, otherwise you will need to find out the each server's IP and port number and enter it in the form "IP:PORT" in the Add dialog window.
- Jay
stig

Post by stig »

Like this: http://www.metalexpress.no/meradio128.pls ?
It still doesn't log though.....
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea but you want to save that to your local disk by right clicking on that link and choosing "save target as" then load the file you saved to your hard drive in radio toolbox.
- Jay
stig

Post by stig »

It worked! However, the new Radio Toolbox won't run on this server. It shows an error message regarding rtx.exe and before it shuts down.
Doesn't it work with WIN 98?

Stig
Jay

Post by Jay »

there has been a bug report issued for Windows98, I am currently investigating. Just need to get my hands on an install of Windows 98
- Jay
stig

Beta again?

Post by stig »

there has been a bug report issued for Windows98, I am currently investigating. Just need to get my hands on an install of Windows 98
I had the uninstall the beta version that actually worked with Windows 98 in order to install the new version. Is it possible to find the beta version again somewhere so I can use that meanwhile?
Jay

Post by Jay »

- Jay
stig

Post by stig »

It seems to work fine now, but I cannot figure out the correct SCRIPT URL. Any tips on that?

Thanx so much!