Current song with windows media server using php

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
David556

Current song with windows media server using php

Post by David556 »

Hi all,
I've been using a shoutcast server for live stream for a while, having a php page requesting the server for the curent song title. Everything was fine and easy. But using shoutcast, I was facing some security issues. The solution I was told, was to switch to windows media server for using the port 80.
It sounds great, but It also sounds impossible to use php for requesting the server to get the current song title.
Has anyone an idea how I could do that ?
thx
David
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

not to derail your question, but what security were you facing with SHOUTcast?

As to your question you will have to setup a script to parse a text file, check out the MSDN documentation on the WMS SDK.
- Jay
David556

Post by David556 »

thx Jay. I will have a look at msdn.
Concerning your question...I just can't connect to the shoutcast server as soon as the address is something like shoutcast.server.com:6545
It works when It uses the port 80 (hopefully).
David556

Post by David556 »

What is this microsoft sdk thing ? I don't have .net and the server where my website is hosted (the radio is hosted somewhere else) runs on Linux.
I'm sure i'm not the only one facing that issue. But im getting more and more worried about the capabilities of php to handle that task...with shoutcast it's so easy to get all the info you want concerning the song that's being played !
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

yea windows media server afaik does not support remote statistics. You will need to create something server side to make them available to other locations.
- Jay