An exciting project

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
herranz

An exciting project

Post by herranz »

I'm starting a project that has me very excited: a mobile internet radio station, sponsored by a huge PC company and an even bigger procesor manufacturing company. I have to build a portable radio cabin and in that cabin I can have the latest in technology to broadcast whatever we do live in it through the web. Only problem I have is that the people that will sponsor the project want me to show that a whole radio station can be operated with just a lap top. I will have to store some Gbs of music, have a good program to edit audio (cool edit pro is my choice) and here comes the real problem: I need a good live audio mixer so I can play with the audio from the microphones (they will be connected to an external, normal mixer so I can control them and send just a line in to the soundcard with the 3 mikes already balanced). I need the mixer so I can control 3 channels: the microphones in channel one, a music source in channel two and another music source on channel three, so I can change the background music and ultimately boost one song and fade the background.

I don't know if my description is clear enough, but I just want a software that acts like a normal, external 3or 4 channels mixer. Does anyone know about a software that does this? It doesn't matter if it is expensive, as the sponsors will do the purchase :)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

SAM2 over at spacialaudio.com is capable of this if I am understanding you write. There is also DRS2006.
- Jay
herranz

Post by herranz »

Absolutely useful tip, Jay. The SAM2 Broadcaster is marvelous and exactly what I had in mind. I already ordered the software and after we examine it maybe we will have to buy some training courses. Thanks a lot.