so close

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
msteinruck

so close

Post by msteinruck »

hi.
wonder if you could continue to point me in the right direction.
trying to make soutcast on demand work, and your article was helpful.

it seems as though ive set everything up correctly, but still get an "invalid resource" when i try to access the server's content directory from a remote computer (or even the localhost, for that matter) ... it connects fine, given the IP:gateway, but when i try to access the /content/ .. or /content/playlist.m3u or .pls, i still get the error.

i have tried several different configurations of the corrected path, in the properties for the gui shortcut. tried it with and without /'s, with and without a /content/ addition, always wrapped in quotes, and tried killing the server and restarting it after i made changes. still cant get anything.

any suggestions?
appreciate it.
matt
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

if you are trying to go to a url in your browser always use ..../content/filename.pls

if in winamp use ..../content/filename.mp3 There will be no collective playlist for all files in the content directory. You also cannot add playlists to the content directory. This is an extremely limited feature of Shoutcast, I recommend other methods if you want on-demand only in your shoutcast server.
- Jay
msteinruck

still

Post by msteinruck »

thanks for your reply.

ive tried both of those, in their respective locations. still am consistently getting "Invalid resource" (from my web browser)

im not clear....since different people have talked about something thats dynamically generated.... do i need to have an actual .pls or .m3u file in the content directory? (ive tried it both ways)

i have tried checking, also, the "config" document in the shoutcast server to make sure the ./content section is on, active and accurate.

still stumped.
thanks for your thoughts.

ps, actually....................
im not actually even sure what this will do, or what i should be seeing, or what option this "content" directory makes available.

(ultimately, id love to find a way to allow my users to select their own playlist from a collection of files. im not sure if thats possible with streaming music)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it is possible but not really with SHOUTcast, if I were you I would use a webserver and some php code to create this or use some code on the net, www.radiotoolbox.com/mp3toolbox/ can do this with some minor modification.
- Jay