Winamp Tuner

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
GoonSquad

Winamp Tuner

Post by GoonSquad »

current run an on-line station that is listed within the iTunes directory. I get a ton of hits from people just scanning away using the tool. Why dosen't winamp have anything like this? Hoe hard would this be to make. We could have an online DB someplace that could house the channel (stations) with a description and a link to the .pls. This would cause winamp to launch the .pls and start streaming. This is a lot better thank linking to the shoutcast server especially if you run a cluster.

What do you guys think? I would be willing to help with the database part but I know nothing about winamp plugins. Is there something like this already?

-T
www.goonsquadradio.com
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Along time ago I had built an application called NetRadio+ which did this. It wasn't that popular, the reason it seems to hit you alot is because it is an apple product and I believe it comes preinstalled in OSX. Winamp 3 already has a component setup to pull from the shoutcast list.
GoonSquad

win amp tuner

Post by GoonSquad »

yeah I remeber that app. I never used it becasue I was using linux with xmms. The cool thing is that some winamp apss can be ported to xmms. I think a plugin makes more sense then a seperate app. iTunes uses the old kerbango database. For its tunig list. How oard would a plugin llike this be to make? The DB wouldn't be that hard to make of course it may generate a ton of traffic but I may have some bandwidth to throw at it. I think that nullsoft is not serving very well by having it only list the shoutcast stations that list with thier YP. If I run icecast I am SOL. I am ready to devote some serious time to this and would like some help on it......

-T
Progged

Post by Progged »

Download Winamp 3 beta. Something like that is already in there, primative, but I imagine they are working on it. Makes since anyway. Jays tool was pretty cool, but I quit using it as well after shoutclub's dir services went away.
Chan Weinmeister
Progged Radio
http://www.progradio.net/progged