What can be done to stop flooding

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
Russ56

What can be done to stop flooding

Post by Russ56 »

I have this butt wipe....that has hit the server i guess but the shoutcast directory....he floods it with one ip and takes up all slots ...or hits me with multiple ip#'s so i cant tell who's hitting so its hard to bann the ip# is there anything can be done...ive got to my server peeps n they say they don't see the problems
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

if you use steamcast you can use the ip user limits to set limits on how many clients can connect from a certain ip.
- Jay
Russ56

okay

Post by Russ56 »

how do you get this to work.....or you use this instead of shout cast...how does it work can yu give me some insiht thnx jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

you would replace the shoutcast server with steamcast. You can find steamcast at www.steamcast.com
- Jay
Russ56

i know this sounds

Post by Russ56 »

i know this is a stupid question how would i go about doing this chaning from shoutcast to stream cast and is one better than the other
Jay

Post by Jay »

you would just extract the files and configure steamcast using the included steamcast.conf file as a base. As far as whether one is better than the other, that is completely subjective. I wrote steamcast so naturally I am going to be biased.
- Jay
Russ56

wellyou so far

Post by Russ56 »

well you so far have been pretty honest and have answerd all my question ...far more than i can say for some of them at shoutcast..and you responde in a quick manner...show's good cutomer service....i just want this 1 uy to leave me the hell alon so i can enjoy my hobbie....i have to change my ip# 2 times a week...it's getting old
thnx jay
Russ56

also jay

Post by Russ56 »

does this have and administration page like shoutcast thnx
Jay

Post by Jay »

yes
- Jay