No Icecast YP listing

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
MossieDH98

No Icecast YP listing

Post by MossieDH98 »

Hi.

I have been using the icecast server for sometime but decided to try the steamcast server.
Everything is working fine except I can't get a YP listing at icecast or open radio directory.
Steamcast and Shoutcast listings are OK.

They both show the same error reporting an invalid hostame which is incorrect.
<dir.xiph.org> [/listen] NAK: Add refused. Reason: Illegal listen_url. Incorrect <hostname>
<openradiodirectory.org> [/listen] NAK: Your listenurl is pointing to LOCALHOST or LOCALNAME. I need a world-accessible URL for your stream
I don't get this error with icecast so suspect an steamcast issue. Unless I missed something too obvious. :roll:
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: No Icecast YP listing

Post by Jay »

This is an issue in Steamcast 0.9.75. This version is over 7 years old now.

Icecast decided to get strict with the standard and require a hostname value in all directory additions.

This issue has since been fixed in Steamcast 0.9.8 which is a total rewrite of the previous version of Steamcast. I am aiming to have the new version out by the weekend. This will be a completely different steamcast then the one you are using now.

Let me know what OS you are using so we can make sure to have a proper build available for you.

Stay tuned...
- Jay
MossieDH98

Post by MossieDH98 »

Hi Jay
Thanks for the heads up on that. I am running both Linux and WinXP but soon I will have a dedicated Linux machine running kernel 3.4.52-pclos1

Cheers..

Dave..
Jay

Post by Jay »

No problem, we will be using CentOS 6.4 as a base for initial builds and will require glibc 2.1. This should run on most modern linux systems. We will also be building Steamcast for Vista and higher, at least initially. If more people need a build to work on older windows then we will make an effort to support them, but my thinking is XP is about to hit end of support which means fewer using XP ultimately.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

This is now fixed. Please download the latest version from http://www.steamcast.com/download
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

It wasn't so hard to add XP support so the new installer now sports an XP friendly Steamcast.
- Jay
gravityradio

Re:old version of steamcast

Post by gravityradio »

This might be stupid but I was looking for the old version of steamcast I had no trouble getting it setup the new one I cant seem to get it so is there anyway you can direct me to the version of steamcast before the new one please it would really makes things easier for me
Max

Post by Max »

What problems are you having with 0.9.9 exactly? You should be able to take a 0.9.75 configuration and load it up with Steamcast 0.9.9.
gravityradio

Re:Needing old version steamcast

Post by gravityradio »

well just cant get it setup like the old version to me the old version you just edited the config file with port and info and your done this one I have tryed everything cant seem to get it I was wanting the older version much simpler sorry I have used the older version then I lost it
Max

Post by Max »

You should be able to simply use an old version config file and the new version will load it.

Can you PM me your config file?