MPD as source works

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
sound selecta

Re: MPD as source works

Post by sound selecta »

Jay wrote:That is probably what is happening then.

As an experiment remove the ID3v1 tag from a test file and send it through MPD and see if the duplicating meta entries occur for that file. If it does not then this is most definitely a bug in MPD.

What MPD should be doing is ignoring ID3v1 tags if it sees an ID3v2 tag. If only a v1 tag exist it should trigger that meta tag at the start of playback for that file.
Ok used eyeD3 on the server to remove the id3 V1 tags with this command eyeD3 --remove-v1 folder_name So far last played is not showing duplicates.
Last edited by sound selecta on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

I would definitely report this to your source authors, this is definitely incorrect behavior. If they have any questions you can send them my way.
- Jay
sound selecta

Post by sound selecta »

I think from reading this url seems they have no plans to fix it http://bugs.musicpd.org/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=4139

2014-10-11 18:47 cirrus Resolution open => won't fix

Notes
(0008908)
cirrus
2014-10-11 18:47

Shit in, shit out.

If you have a tag twice, MPD will show it twice. MPD cannot know which one is the "wrong" one.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

MPD can know though, ID3 is the same tag, they are just seeing the two different versions of the same spec. They need to just read version 2 and ignore 1.

Ugh, lazy developers. ;)

If they refuse to fix, which I think is crazy, then it is on you the user to mitigate the bug.
- Jay