Questions?

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
wbgsradio

Questions?

Post by wbgsradio »

I am really likeing this software so fare here are my 7 questions below.

1.Opus Support will the latest and great opus codec updates be supported?

2.My sound sound like a blanket is covering my audio and icecast never sounded like that?

3.Will yo be adding a Pre-emphasis option for 50u and 75u on our server?

4.How do i get my m3u file to play in a player?

5.can I set an intro audio file? so when people tune it it will play my intro first?

6. Branding kit do you have a branding kit or jingle maybe a company promo intro i can stick at the beginning of my youtube videos when i do videos about my radio and this?

7.What about a promo intos on relays I am not sayiong anyone cant simulcast my radio I encourage it but I would liek to have the ability to have a intro on the relay that brands your radio and tell everyone your listing a WBGS simulcasted radio go to... for more info about our radio station WBGS Radio.
Max

Re: Questions?

Post by Max »

Hi, thank you for using Steamcast.

1. Yes, Opus is supported and as long as there isn't major structural changes to the codec it should work fine.

2. That kind of problem is generally at the encoder or decoder level. Check your encoder's settings. Also, if your using a browser with Opus some decoder implementations aren't working correctly. Steamcast only attempts to understand containers so it can retrieve metadata. It does not decode or encode audio data. It only passes it along exactly as it was received. Do you have a link to your audio stream?

3. Again, Steamcast does not modify audio data. You would need an encoder that would add such alterations to the audio before sending it off to Steamcast.

4. http://dev.steamcast.com/sbin/tunein?mnt=/vot.mp3 - Just change the hostname and mount name to your Steamcast's configuration.

5. In the Mount Configuration in the web-panel, add the "Intro" option. Then specify the path to the intro file relative to the current working directory for Steamcast (most likely where the executable is). Note: It needs to be encoded with the exact same setting as the actual live stream. Since Steamcast does not encode or decode audio data it cannot use an intro file that is encoded differently than the actual stream. So if your using an Opus stream at 64Kbps then your intro file needs to be encoded with Opus at 64Kbps.

6. We'll have something for you tomorrow.

7. Any relays would need the intro file themselves and would have to set it up in their control panel.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

- Jay
wbgsradio

Post by wbgsradio »

Jay wrote:You can find our branding at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/steamcast/s ... _brand.zip
I am working on my radio getting it setup on Linux. the config wont load and port keeps defaulting to 8000 when i changed that argh so annoying. ill wait till you update this and make it run in the background when you make it like icecast on Linux with a gui interface.
Last edited by wbgsradio on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbgsradio

Post by wbgsradio »

I am having issues with Linux not finding encoders when i have one made kinda annoying might have to go to icecast if I cant solve this at all.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

What encoder are you using to broadcast? Are you saying that Steamcast is defaulting to 8000? If so that is because it is having trouble reading your configuration file. If this is your first time running Steamcast rename steamcast-default.conf to steamcast.conf. Steamcast will look for steamcast.conf in the same directory or you can specify the configuration file by running

Code: Select all

./steamcast -c /location/of/steamcast.conf
If you are wanting to send steamcast to the background use

./steamcast -k
- Jay
wbgsradio

Post by wbgsradio »

Jay wrote:What encoder are you using to broadcast? Are you saying that Steamcast is defaulting to 8000? If so that is because it is having trouble reading your configuration file. If this is your first time running Steamcast rename steamcast-default.conf to steamcast.conf. Steamcast will look for steamcast.conf in the same directory or you can specify the configuration file by running

./steamcast -c /location/of/steamcast.conf
If you are wanting to send steamcast to the background use

./steamcast -k
ok ill try to edit that but right now my encoder is not showing saying there is one there but yet its not showing lol.
sound selecta

Post by sound selecta »

wbgsradio wrote:
Jay wrote:You can find our branding at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/steamcast/s ... _brand.zip
I am working on my radio getting it setup on Linux. the config wont load and port keeps defaulting to 8000 when i changed that argh so annoying. ill wait till you update this and make it run in the background when you make it like icecast on Linux with a gui interface.
You can run the steamcast session in Tmux.

Install Tmux if not installed. To create a new Tmux session type tmux new -s steamcast Then in the Tmux session just start your steamcast ./steamcast. To detach the tmux windows crtl+b D to attach a Tmux session type in tmux attach -t steamcast