Icecast2 no listener numbers

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
scoastbroadcasters

Icecast2 no listener numbers

Post by scoastbroadcasters »

Hello All,

I am trying to add an icecast2 server which is not our server.

I can see the listener numbers on the web interface but when I add that I get "Path not found in stats sheet"

I know ive added the right URL as it says everything about the stream except that error ?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance
stationx

Re: Icecast2 no listener numbers

Post by stationx »

I'm having the same problem too. Trying to add Icecast 2 servers. They are mine and I am entering the right password and user name into the info for my stats sheet. Am I missing a trick somewhere? I noticed even the shoutcast ones don't appear if there is no one listening. So I've made sure there was at least one listener on my Icecast2 servers. Nope still no good. Thanks in advance too!
Max

Post by Max »

What version of Icecast 2 are you using? Is it a modified version (i.e., Karl's builds, etc)?
scoastbroadcasters

Max wrote:What version of Icecast 2 are you using? Is it a modified version (i.e., Karl's builds, etc)?
Standard build as far as I can see?

Version Icecast 2.4.2

Stream Name:no name
Stream Description:Unspecified
descriptionContent Type:audio/mpegStream
started:Mon, 08 Aug 2016 20:06:07 -0400
Bitrate:64
Listeners (current):36
Listeners (peak):64
Genre:various
Currently playing:
stationx

Post by stationx »

I think I might be a different story --- server_id - Icecast 2.3.3-kh5. I didn't get a say in it. That's just what the hosting people give you..
Max

Post by Max »

Modified builds, such as Karl's, are known to modify the stats sheet making it unreadable by the Radio Toolbox application.

scoastbroadcasters, can you PM me the address for your stream so that I may examine the stats sheet? If your renting the server it may be that the host provider removed the stats sheet or renamed it.

Radio Toolbox looks for http://yourhosthere/status.xsl if you do not specify an admin user or password. If you specified an admin user and pass then Radio Toolbox will look for http://yourhosthere/admin/stats.xml
stationx

Post by stationx »

Thanks Max... looks like I'm doomed as I think I'm on a modified version. Is there a work around or do I just need to be cautious who's icecast hosting I sign up for?
Max

Post by Max »

If you have a login to the Icecast2 server for admin then you could attempt that. Otherwise, yes, it'd be wise to be cautious about the hosting provider. Streaming Hosts should offer a demo stream. You can always use that to add to the Radio Toolbox application and see if it can read the stats sheet.
Max

Post by Max »

Hi,

We've traced the likely issue being that Icecast has changed their methods for displaying stats. We will be looking into providing an update to improve compatibility with this latest change.

Affected versions are Icecast 2.4+.
stationx

Post by stationx »

Thanks for your efforts Max....
scoastbroadcasters

Max wrote:Hi,

We've traced the likely issue being that Icecast has changed their methods for displaying stats. We will be looking into providing an update to improve compatibility with this latest change.

Affected versions are Icecast 2.4+.
Hey max,

Dont want to seem like a nagger but just wondering when this issue will be fixed?

Appreciate your efforts

Regards
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

My hope is to have a new version that resolves this issue available in November.
- Jay
johnsterosa

Post by johnsterosa »

Hello -
Is there any further update on using Icecast2 with Radio Toolbox?
I, too, used shoutcast v1 just fine with radio toolbox but since going with Icecast i can no longer get Radio Toolbox to add the url.
We love radio toolbox and have used it for many years.

Thank you very much!
- Mark
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

No update yet, had to focus on other projects a bit more than anticipated.

I hope to have an update soon.
- Jay
stationx

Post by stationx »

Hi guys, is there a fix in the pipe for the karl modified icecast server problem yet?

thanks heaps