connection problems

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
radioMfm

connection problems

Post by radioMfm »

Hello

I could succesfull install steamcast, using winamp. But I do not succes to get listed. I get two errors:

http://www.steamcast.com/sbin/yp.php No 4 mins 05 secs 5 mins 00 secs Cannot Connect to localhost:8000 nor 78.23.238.224:8000, [Connection timed out] Disable Firewall/Nat/Proxy.
http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi No 3 mins 11 secs 5 mins 00 secs Add refused. Reason: Illegal listen_url. Incorrect <hostname>. Server must have public address and be reachable.

I allready switched off the firewall and the proxy. But still I do not succeed. Can somebody help me out please?

Best regards
Max

Re: connection problems

Post by Max »

You might check that your port 8000 is able to be seen from the internet using Port Check.

It also appears you need to set "Hostname" in your steamcast.conf. It needs to be a valid domain name as required by the Directories.
radioMfm

Post by radioMfm »

indeed, I receive this erro: 8000 Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known [Connect time 0.04 secs]
How can I fix this?

It also appears you need to set "Hostname" in your steamcast.conf. Where do I have to update this?
Max

Post by Max »

If you are hosting this from a home connection you might need to port forward through a router. Those instructions would be dependent on your make and model of router. Based on the IP in your original post it appears to be a residential connection according to RIPE.

For your second question, do you have a domain name you can point towards your IP? If so you can set the Hostname in the Steamcast administration panel. Admin -> Settings. If there is an existing Hostname it will be listed and based on your errors be set to "localhost". If not you can use the Add feature to Add an entry for Hostname there and then set it to the proper domain name.