Icecast2 no listener numbers

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
intensewelovedance

Re: Icecast2 no listener numbers

Post by intensewelovedance »

Is there already a update for Icecast Icecast 2.4.3 hidden mountpoints
The admin/stats.xml is is accessible
We try to use Icecast 2.4.0-kh7 but same problem do not work, autorisatie problem.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

So long as there is a standard place to receive those stats we will make sure it gets implemented. I will investigate this and if possible add it to the next release.
- Jay
TheVoice

Post by TheVoice »

When will there be an update? :?: :?:
Here is always said that there is an update but it does not work .. :oops:
I have my own script where it works, so it should be no problem for you to create an update. :x
AmpUpRadio

Post by AmpUpRadio »

TheVoice wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:09 pm When will there be an update? :?: :?:
Here is always said that there is an update but it does not work .. :oops:
I have my own script where it works, so it should be no problem for you to create an update. :x
Is it possible I could get the script? (I'm still a bit new to the whole "broadcasting online" thing, and I've been having trouble getting Icecast to authenticate in RTB.)
Jay

Post by Jay »

This should be fixed in the latest release, if it is not please PM me your server details and I can take a look.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hey there AmpUpRadio,

Thanks for sending over your address details, I do see the problem. Radio Toolbox doesn't really support https exclusive server configurations well. I am working on a fix for this. In the meantime you can fix this quickly by allowing your Icecast server to serve both SSL and non SSL clients.

EDIT: So I took 30 minutes to dig surface level on this and I have a test version of Radio Toolbox that supports https exclusive streams now. So if testing goes well I should be able to get an update out in a few days.

SSL is only supported in SHOUTcast2 and Icecast2 at this time so I am focusing all of my efforts there.
- Jay
AmpUpRadio

Post by AmpUpRadio »

Jay wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:39 am Hey there AmpUpRadio,

Thanks for sending over your address details, I do see the problem. Radio Toolbox doesn't really support https exclusive server configurations well. I am working on a fix for this. In the meantime you can fix this quickly by allowing your Icecast server to serve both SSL and non SSL clients.

EDIT: So I took 30 minutes to dig surface level on this and I have a test version of Radio Toolbox that supports https exclusive streams now. So if testing goes well I should be able to get an update out in a few days.

SSL is only supported in SHOUTcast2 and Icecast2 at this time so I am focusing all of my efforts there.
Alright, thank you so much!
Jay

Post by Jay »

Ok, need your help. Try out this new beta version and let me know how things go. If you run into any problems be sure to include logs.

Thanks!
- Jay
AmpUpRadio

Post by AmpUpRadio »

So far it's going great! I will keep messing with it throughout the day and let you know if I run into any problems. Thanks!
plauri

Post by plauri »

Hello, I've got the same problem: no listeners count even with the beta version. I have several streams both Shoutcast V2 and Icecast V2, if I write "https" I always get an error. With "http" it works but for 2 which are the most important to me. I'm sending you (Jay) the 2 streaming I can't get to work. Thanks!
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi plauri,
Radio Toolbox does not support AIS.

You'll need to switch to the real Icecast2 or Icecast2 kh builds to get Radio Toolbox going.
- Jay
plauri

Post by plauri »

Jay wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:28 am Hi plauri,
Radio Toolbox does not support AIS.

You'll need to switch to the real Icecast2 or Icecast2 kh builds to get Radio Toolbox going.
Thanks for the quick reply. It's something I imagined because it's not the first time somebody tells me "What's that stream? I can do nothing with them". So, can you advice me what to do, because I can only see my listeners through my personal panel on Abovecast. How can I switch to a real Icecast2 or kh. I already asked my provider, they gave me an emulated shoutcast version of my stream: https://shoutcast-new.cdnstream.com/index.html?sid=105 but it only points to a shoutcast page...
Jay

Post by Jay »

Just so you are aware, (you may already know this but I am putting this here for other's benefit) AIS is a server that pretends to be other servers so it can surreptitiously list on YPs like shoutcast.com pretending to be SHOUTcast while also giving the station the benefit of ad insertion capabilities. This made a lot of sense 10 years ago when shoutcast.com was a go-to place for linear audio streaming and SHOUTcast itself had no way to monetize their own product. However today, SHOUTcast has it's own ad insertion solution so AIS is far less relevant in terms of the pretending to be another server feature.

You will need to talk to your provider to determine where to go from here. If your stream has an ad insertion deal then likely you won't be able to move away easily.
If you have no need for ad insertion (or play your own ads from your encoder) then your provider should be willing to get you setup with something that is more appropriate to your needs. If you do not need ad insertion, AIS is the wrong product for you.

If your provider is not willing to work with you then it might be time to switch to a new hosting provider that properly support both SHOUTcast and Icecast2.
- Jay
plauri

Post by plauri »

Jay wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 am If your stream has an ad insertion deal then likely you won't be able to move away easily.
And yes, I have ad insertion with them. I started only last April with them because I had problems with another streaming provider (you know, they sell at a very low cost and when your listeners increase their servers start causing problems: that's what was happening to me), so I searched for a new streaming provider and found them. I have spent an incredible amount of time changing my streams on directories and apps all over the world (and still haven't finished), and now NO, please I would do anything else but change again... 8O I will live without public statistics... :(
Thanks for all these infos!
Jay

Post by Jay »

Totally understandable.

No problem and happy streaming!
- Jay