For Steamcast & Breakaway One Users

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
stationx

For Steamcast & Breakaway One Users

Post by stationx »

For anyone using steamcast to feed audio around a network of remote radio station sites. Then you use Breakaway One to process the audio.

If this is you then here's the tip -

The new steamcast does something to the stream that upsets Breakaway One's Stream Receiver. It watchs for specific data packets (not sure which) as Lief's videos are a bit hard to learn from. Don't move off the older steamcast-1-0-2-decennium - just yet. All other devices such as Barix are fine. They too watch for special data markers to know its time to gracefully swap over to back up.

I've not worked out what the real problem is yet. I fixed my immediate issue by rolling back. That got me another level of hurt as the new exe changes the - PortBase=8000 - etc to Listen=8000.
That duscussion it elseswhere in this forum.

I decided to share here because if i brought it up in the breakaway forums, I'd get what's steamcast? Never heard of it.

PS Shoutcast V2 works ok with Breakaway's Stream reciever - just don't run faster than 128k or use aac (at any speed) - they will want money ;)