Odd Symbols

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
stationx

Odd Symbols

Post by stationx »

Hi Guys,

I've seen the reason why this happens some where ages ago. But can't find it again to see if there was a workaround. I guess one could use incorrect gramma when labeling song titles. But this does look pour when there is a whole part of your website showing the last 10 played. It starts to show that the "work experience kid" was left in charge.

Is there any chance we can get the coding fixed for the metadata? So odd symbols don't show up when there is an Apostrophy for example?
Sort of looks like as follows.... I couldn't copy and paste the exact thing -- it appears as a complete square.

What I'm sending as the title = Kylie Minogue - Can’t Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head (2001)

What shows up in Radio Toolbox and everywhere else = Kylie Minogue - Can[]t Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head (2001)

Regards from Steamcast's number 1 fan in the land downunder.

Cheers all
stationx

Re: Odd Symbols

Post by stationx »

Well guys,

As stated I've seen something about this before. I can't seem to find where I have seen it in this forum. Can I get some sort of answer please?

Regards

To All
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Sounds like the song title is being incorrectly encoded. Are you using Steamcast to relay another server?
- Jay
stationx

Post by stationx »

Hi Jay

Yes... they are all steamcast servers.

Best Regards