Steamcast 1.1.0 Beta

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
stationx

Re: Steamcast 1.1.0 Beta

Post by stationx »

Any news please? I'm going nutts here guys...
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Hey there, Max is traveling right now, he will provide an update when he returns.
- Jay
stationx

Post by stationx »

Hi Guys,

Is there any updates please... This is driving me nuts... Is there any way we can make this a paid job? Happy to pay an upgrade fee or something as such.

Regards
Peter
stationx

Post by stationx »

Hi Guys

Is there any news please? Can we make this a paid job? Happy to pay a licensing fee or similar to get a version that is fixed.

I don't want to move away from steamcast... please please don't make me do that!

regards

peter
Max

Post by Max »

Hi,

I've been traveling internationally for work so I've been unavailable the past week and a half or so. The issues Steamcast is having is having me largely look at doing a rewrite. Since it appears certain compilers are unhappy about optimizations I put into Steamcast that worked on older versions of said compilers. But rewriting something the size of Steamcast takes quite a bit of time.

I'm trying to understand your use case. It seems you upgraded to the beta, ran into an issue with the Publication (listing on YPs). Are you unable to revert to the last stable version of Steamcast? The upgrade would have only replaced PortBase with Listen. You should be able to revert that back.
stationx

Post by stationx »

Thanks Max....

Yes I've reverted back. It's all under control there. Awaiting the next version to test out...

cheers
stationx

Post by stationx »

I've been tossing around how to say this.....

The issue for me was. I didn't back up my original config file. Installing the newer version changes the PortBase parameter. You swap back to the older it doesn't like it. You need to keep your old config file or do a minor edit. That's on me!

The problems start with this new version when you move off the standard 8000 port. You tell it you are on the likes of 8400 it still tries to tell the directories you are on the standard 8000 no matter what you set it. This is all without any SSL parameters put in.... As it stands now you can't use this new version on anything but the standard port. I don't know if setting up all the SSL stuff makes it work. Didn't get that far.

As you will see in another thread... I use Breakaway One to pick up streams at remote TX sites. This has been done for ages by streaming (using the current steamcast - not the beta) without dramas. With the beta steamcast the Breakaway One Stream Reciever can't lock onto the stream. Some parameter in the stream is missing that it needs. This isn't an issue with most other players like VLC, Winamp etc. But super important here.... that this is fixed too.

I can't stress how good Steamcast is with some of the little tricks it can do compared to the others. I'm continuely gob smacked as to why this isn't better known.

Please please fix....

Regards
Pete