Assistance with unofficial sig (.png) feature, please

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
ThatAdamGuy

Assistance with unofficial sig (.png) feature, please

Post by ThatAdamGuy »

Hi there,

Though I've been a Webmaster for a while, I have just joined the realm of Shoutcasting today and have been rapidly absorbing all the lingo and vast amounts of info.

I'm currently running a Shoutcast server on my home computer and using my DSL to broadcast (ack!). So far, even without any php knowledge, I've gotten your super-useful script to work with my remotely hosted site, and now I just need to tweak the template a bit! Thanks so much for making this available... it's a lot of fun, and I'm sure people visiting my Web site will enjoy seeing playlists and such, even if only 3 can listen at a time :D.

One minor thing I'm a bit confused about is how to get your sample (now playing) graphic to display on a Web page or in e-mail. When I uploaded the sample script and the sample graphic and then accessed the script directly, my browser then DOWNLOADED the graphic and Windows displayed it using the default graphics viewer... not in my browser as I had hoped.

Could you kindly offer a bit of guidance or point me in the right direction as to how I can get this working? Thanks much!
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Well if it did display then you are definately close to a solution, check to make sure that you computer supports PNG graphics through file types. Check to make sure that your Browser also supports PNG files.
- Jay