config.php Question

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
kioni

config.php Question

Post by kioni »

First of all kudos to the programmer for Radio Toolbox! This is a nifty program and relative easy to use.

Now to my question . . .

"Set this to your Radio ToolBox Username" Is this my ftp username or my shoutcast server username?

"Set this to your Radio ToolBox Password" Is this my ftp password or my shoutcast server password?

Next question:

I understand I should be able to copy and paste the example.php in my html in order to display the current songs and stats on my homepage. However, I am somewhat confused. Is the following syntax correct for the include variable? Presently the example.php doesn't show anything.

<?php
include("http://positivevibesradio.net/includes.php/");
?>

Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it and my listeners will too.

Kioni
Port St. John Florida
Christos Kioni
http://positivevibesradio.net
Smooth Urban Jazz and more!
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

The username and password it is referring to is the one you set on the General page of the option panel in Radio Toolbox, if you have an online log account then use the username and password from that, if not just make one up.

as for the includes, no, use the file path not the url.
- Jay
kioni

FTP File creation and embed pnp into html questions.

Post by kioni »

Jay wrote:The username and password it is referring to is the one you set on the General page of the option panel in Radio Toolbox, if you have an online log account then use the username and password from that, if not just make one up.

as for the includes, no, use the file path not the url.
Hi Jay, thank you for your gracious and patient assistance.
After following your directions, I was unable to display my stats, although I can now with the http://positivevibesradio.net/example.php
Before I made the modifications you suggested, a page with a yellow colored background was displaying my stats, and the RTB copyright was at the bottom. I don't recall how that was done, but I no longer am able to locate it.

Further questions that need clarification are . . .

The RTB program ask for the name of an upload file in the FTP section. The docs are not clear as to whether I have to create this file, or if it is created for me.

Question 2) I am using the log service touch - signed up for it. Does it matter if I disable the service? The RTB does not upgrade frequently enough, sometimes three or four songs are skipped before it displays the stats. I have the Touch Interval set to 3 seconds. If I disable it, does the RTB grab my stats from my shoutcast server? I want current stats. This is a serious flaw and could hinder future planned sales of RTB . . . just MHO.

Final Question) I have tried unsuccessfully to embed the stats into a seperate webpage to display to my listeners. I have tried to use the php include () to no avail. I see people keep asking this same question over and over again. The reply is read the docs. Well, I am reading them again for the 3rd time, and from what I see, I should be able to copy and paste the code from the example.php and paste it into my html page. However, this is not working. I appreciate your kind assistance and helpful instructions.

Happy New Year!
Kioni
Christos Kioni
http://positivevibesradio.net
Smooth Urban Jazz and more!
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

first, pick a method either ftp or script service, you do not need both for one site. FTP is there for those who do not want to go through the process of setting up PHP or some other scripting language on their site.

the log service is updated every 60 seconds by registered members, if you are playing stuff that is less then 60 seconds then the log service could miss those smaller tracks.

If you use php then you cannot put the php code in html files. Most webservice will not parse .html files for php code.
- Jay