Example.php

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
themixturemedia

Example.php

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey there I was wondering if you can tell the program to use another .php file instaead of the example.php and put it in another dir. :P
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

example.php just shows how the inclusionary process works. So taking existing php scripts and adding the include lines and the neccessary output of the vars should be no problem even with many different php scripts because they are using includes.php to get their vars.
- Jay
themixturemedia

??

So how do I change it from example.php to whateverIwant.php were would I change the values??
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay

Post by Jay »

just look for includes.php
and include it in any file you want that is parsed by php. Are you familiar at all with php?

You can also read the docs on Radio Toolbox's Scripting service and it will tell you in alot of detail how this works.
- Jay
themixturemedia

sucks

Hey there I have been looking and nothing I am really new to php and can not figure it out at all :-(.
Jay

Post by Jay »

in that case don't let the example.php distract from what is really going on. all it does is include the includes.php file by simply using the php function

include() which you will find at the top of the file.

then to get those variables to display on your page you can simply use echo $var; Which you will find in the body of the page. I would recommend that you make a very simple php file which does just two things. Includes the includes.php file and then echo one of those variables in the includes.php file.

View the includes.php file to see what it is, which is just a file that specifies some variables to be used in any script. You also might want to read some of the tutorials on php.net it really is basic php so you don't need to master the language. Just get an understanding of how variables work.
- Jay