Possible problem with nsvscsrcGUI & Steamcast

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
allclone

Possible problem with nsvscsrcGUI & Steamcast

Post by allclone »

When I trying to stream nsv files to steamcast with nsvscrcGUI with titles turned on, the titles are do not show on the steamcast built-in webserver or in the end client player.

Thanks for the help

P.S. Geat server for still beta!
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Are you certain that you have turned titles on? There is really no reason I can think of why it shouldn't work. Have you tried to just use nsvscsrc by itself? Also make sure you have got the correct version of nsvscsrc for the GUI version you have. Also check the log to see if nsvscsrc is even trying to send the titles, they would show up as hits to admin.cgi
- Jay
allclone

Post by allclone »

Sorry have not gotten back to you in a while Jay but I can look into the problem right at the moment because my server has a bigger problem im having problems getting it to boot up right, so I will get back to you when I can about the problem.
allclone

Post by allclone »

Ok, got some time to rebuild my server and test it localy on my desktop,

as far as I can tell nsvscrcgui worked prefectly on my desktop with a setup .conf and steamcast. I also tryed nsvscrcgui from the server to my desktop runing steamcast worked fin, I saw the hits to admin.cgi in the log and titles worked.

Copyed over all the configs, headers, bin's, ect and tryed running nsvscrcgui on the server to the servers steamcast (tryed using 127.0.0.1 and local NIC IP) as server ip with logging turned on and nothing shows up for hitting the admin.cgi so i tryed nsvscrcgui from my desktop to my server and still no hits to the admin.cgi or even errors for trying in the log file.

My server OS is Windows server 2000 with SP4 so my guess is eather there might be a problem with steamcast nsvscrcgui and server 2000 is not letting the info for titles to be passed on or windows is somehow confilicting with the access to the streamcast files for updating/changing admin.cgi.

any ideas?

Thank you for the help
Jay

Post by Jay »

try dropping shoutcast in steamcast's place and see if it has the same problems.

Another thing, can you see the steamcast admin page from your remote computer in a browser?
- Jay
allclone

Post by allclone »

Hey sorry forgot to add that.

Yes running one or the other shoutcast/steamcast I can view the web info for steamcast or shoutcast from my remote computer and with shoutcast i can see what song is currently playing and song history, but still the same problem with steamcast no current song info and it is not reciveing the the title info.
Jay

Post by Jay »

ok, I install nsvscsrc a little later and see if I can duplicate.
- Jay
allclone

Post by allclone »

ok,
just woundered if anything was going on with this?
Jay

Post by Jay »

try it with the latest version
- Jay