error with lame_enc.dll

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Brown

error with lame_enc.dll

Post by Brown »

VERY VERY new to this, but when I try to get it going, in oddcast, i get the message "error with lame_enc.dll". Then it tries to connect again, and does the same thing all over again. I put the .dll in my programfiles/winamp folder, even copied one into the plugins folder.

Also, in steamcast, i get the message that my station cannot be seen and i should change internetsharing/nat...... but i don't have a firewall at all? Any help here would be apprecitated, and feel free to declare me too stupid to do this in the first place! :oops:
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

You might hit up oddsock's forum on the lame_enc.dll problem, it could be that you have an incompatible version. Make sure you get the latest oddcast. I use v3 atm and it seemed to work with the latest version of lame_enc.dll

The error that it can't see the server has to do with the fact that something is blocking. You can use the find IP tool and see check it make sure it matches your IP (Just click Online Tools at the left) If they match make sure you also are not in a private network or behind a router. If you are directly connected to the internet then check your modem, some have built in NAT's or firewalls that need to be configured. Also Windows XP comes with the firewall enabled defaultly so if you use windows check and disable that.
- Jay
Brown

Post by Brown »

The problem apperently was that I had chosen a sample rate that was not supported. Thank you for pointing me to the oddcast forums, as that's where the answer was waiting for me.