(debug info!!) rtb program crash (v1.1.1)

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
mtec89

(debug info!!) rtb program crash (v1.1.1)

Post by mtec89 »

not sure what is causeing this, seems random.
XP, SP2 all latest hoxfixes, .net 1.1 SP1

Code: Select all

removed framebreaking error message
Bug report can be found at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/bugs/view.php?id=15
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

send me your rtb.ini file and session.rtb file

You can use the bug system at www.radiotoolbox.com/bugs/ to send these files.
- Jay
mtec89

Post by mtec89 »

done:)
Jay

Post by Jay »

I ran with your session file you uploaded with my install and it seems to be working fine, been running for about an hour. Of course I am using XP SP 1. I'd have to get a hold of a machine with SP2 on it because I am pretty much refusing to install it due to various issues with how they handled things in that update :) I have had no other reports of problems with SP2 though. Something you might want to try is leaving the Window open all the time (if possible) so that when it crashes you can see the state of your server and the status display at the bottom of the window. Could be getting some garbage in transit which is causing the crash. If that is the case I need to put some checks in for that condition.

I will leave your bug report open in the event you can get more information for me.
- Jay
mtec89

Post by mtec89 »

ok. its only ever crashed while minimized to tray, alothough im doing what you told me to. it also has crashed a couple times just starting the program before it gets the server status

edit: it just crashed after "Log service Touched" status. i didnt see any weird charecters though

edit 2: this is worth mentioning.
i have winamp/shoutcast DSP, shoutcast server, and radio toolbox all on the same computer. maybe has nothing to do with it.

edit 3: with 'edit 1' in mind, ill run a packet logger to see if i can come up with any thing, ok? :)

last edit: i dont know whats causeing it :(
mtec89

Post by mtec89 »

i ran it through the VS6 C++ debugger and i came out with this, i dont know C++ at all so if its useful to you, ok, but if not i can try to get other info from it.

http://www.mtec89net.com/ftp/C++DEBUG.gif
Jay

Post by Jay »

unfortunately debuggers are fairly useless without the source.
- Jay
mtec89

Post by mtec89 »

come to think about it, it crashed an aweful lot too months ago when i had windows 2000 Pro SP4 installed on this box, running the same 3 things. i dont know.. maybe its a hardware issue.
Jay

Post by Jay »

you may not have this option but you could try running it in spare machine setup the same way and see if gives you problems there. If it does this you might be on to something, if not then it could be some conflict with your particular system.
- Jay
mtec89

Post by mtec89 »

i cant i dont have any machines to do it with. but it is a HP Pavilion model 510W (US/CAN) machine. maybe another radio toolbox fanatic can try on their machine to see if a problem exsists
Jay

Post by Jay »

I have had another report of issues on SP2 so getting a fix out will just be a matter of me getting a hold of XP SP2 and installing it on a spare machine.

If you have a question you do not want to ask in public you can private message me through this forum board. Click the "PM" image below this message to do so.
Last edited by Jay on Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jay