help no steamcast.vip and steamcast.ban loaded

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
lonewolfnz

help no steamcast.vip and steamcast.ban loaded

Post by lonewolfnz »

Hi all. I hope this has not been posted before I have searched and searched and could not find this topic anywhere. So apoligies if it has i couldnt find it.

When i load steamcast

i get both steamcast.vip and steamcast.ban could not be loaded.

Can someone explain this i am also not listed when conected im guessing this has something to do with it. ???? everything else seems fine.

im using version 0.9.7
currently on win98
adsl speedtouch 510
winamp 5.08d
oddsock plugin

everything else seems fine
help me please
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

no, neither steamcast.vip nor steamcast.ban are neccessary to stream or get listed on a yp. If you are annoyed with the message you can either create bans or vip's from the admin panel or create the empty files yourself.

Do you get any errors from any of your yp servers? Also post a snippet of your log from your source connection.
- Jay
StreamJockey

"Cannot see your station/computer..."

Post by StreamJockey »

I, too, get the same messages. I have successfully set up a stream on my LAN. I am able to connect to the stream simultaneously, with another PC and with my LinkSys Media Link radio. However, I can't be seen from the Internet. I have tried everything I can think of, but still get the following message:

NAK: Cannot Connect to localhost:8050 nor 12.220.211.142:8050, [Connection timed out] Disable Firewall/Nat/Proxy.
error: nak (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: 12.220.211.142:8050) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection timed out))

I use Zone Alarm, but I completely disabled it to see if that was interfering, but it had no positive outcome. I've seen similar problems posted, but no direct answer has been provided. Has anyone else had this problem, but found a solution? I would really like to get beyond this hurdle.

UPDATE....
After submitting this post, I found the solution. It had to do with "port forwarding" on my Linksys router. If anyone else would like more info on this, let me know...I'll help if I can. Although I'm a well seasoned PC person, a lot of the communication and networking subjects still have some sinking in to do.

Still trying to get Shoutcast to see my broadcast, but that's a stream "of a different color".
Last edited by StreamJockey on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

If you are on a network you will need to configure your router to forward it's outside port to your internal shoutcast server's computer and port.
- Jay