'Last x songs' excentricities

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Phlegethon SCR

'Last x songs' excentricities

Post by Phlegethon SCR »

I have some odd behavior to report. I've been using Radio Tool box for several days now. 90% of the time it works flawlessly, but I have noticed that periodically the 'last x songs' feature is reset to 0, forgetting the song history. Less frequently I recieve the following error when loading my .php document that uses the includes (http://somnambulantcorpse.com/samples.php):

Parse error: parse error in /xxx/xxxx/xxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/xxx/rtb/includes.php on line 16

Usually after a few refreshes this error goes away and the song history is set back to zero. I'm wondering if this has something to do with .mp3 IDv3 tags or the title format that's set in Winamp's input plugin prefs? Would this be more stable if I only used the filename and not the ID tags?

thanks.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

sounds like you have a song that has a ' in it that is getting by the filtering functions, it's either that or some other weird character in a song title that is causing php to get confused. Next time you get the parse error, try to save a copy of the include.php file and post the contents of it here.
- Jay
Tom

Post by Tom »

You can try: http://www.radiotoolbox.com/tomstuff/catcher.phps if you want. It hasn't been extensively tested though but all the bugs I could find are out. It requires you to add a variable $time_zone to your config.php. This should be the offset in hours you want the time stamp.

Tom
Phlegethon SCR

Post by Phlegethon SCR »

Jay wrote:sounds like you have a song that has a ' in it that is getting by the filtering functions, it's either that or some other weird character in a song title that is causing php to get confused. Next time you get the parse error, try to save a copy of the include.php file and post the contents of it here.
Ok. It looks like any song titles with the ( ' ) character in the title resets the song history and causes a parsing error. I caught one just now, here's the includes.php:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

<!-- Song stats Generated by Radio ToolBox written by Jay Krivanek -->
<?php
$server[0]['ip'] = 'corpseradio.merseine.nu:8000';
$server[0]['desc'] = 'Somnambulant Corpse Radio';
$server[0]['listeners'] = '3';
$server[0]['max_listeners'] = '5';
$server[0]['bitrate'] = '40';
$server[0]['type'] = 'SHOUTcast';
$server[0]['current_song'] = 'Charles Manson - And I\'d Like To Say Hello To Some Of My Friends';
$server[0]['status'] = 'Online';

$current_song = 'Charles Manson - And I\'d Like To Say Hello To Some Of My Friends';
$listeners = '3';
$max_listeners = '5';
$touch_interval = '30';
$lastsong[0] = 'Charles Manson - And I'd Like To Say Hello To Some Of My Friends';
?>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like it dealt with the current song alright, by inserting the \ I assume, but not the last song. I'm just guessing here. My question is: is this something that can be fixed or do I need to sanitize my .mp3 tags?

thanks.
P.S. thanks for the alternate catcher.php I haven't tried it yet but I probably will....
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea try tom's catcher script as he will be in charge of that part of radio toolbox from now on.
- Jay
imp96ss

Will this cause errors when using the ftp reporting as well?

Post by imp96ss »

Will this cause errors when using the ftp reporting as well?

I have RTB working..well...most of the time.
My hosting doesn't allow flat files to be used with PHP so I use the FTP feature, and for some reason, every now and then, RTB goes looking for a script, and returns ftp errors stating that it could not change directories.

When I go see the currently playing page;

http://www.adamroark.net/stats/current.htm

it has replaced the last 20 songs with the number 38

when I open the options in RTB and check, it has all of a sudden inserted the number 38 into the folder field in the ftp options...and has also inserted a 38 into the script address feild of the script options. :-(

When using the webservice with RTB, remotely, it immediately generates service errors in RTB, and in some cases crashes RTB.

Anyone else having odd issues like this?
Jay, any idea why or where RTB is getting the info from, to all of a sudden change the FTP folder or script address?

I'm using XP pro with SP2...

Thanks in advance!
Jay

Post by Jay »

I am currently investigating this issue. For now you can just restart and make your rtb.ini file read-only.
- Jay