Question about RTB

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
herranz

Question about RTB

Post by herranz »

I installed RTB and was working perfectly, but then I had to change one of my server's IP. Since I did that RTB checks perform very slow and it is not updating every 30 seconds the listener count. It only gets it at the first connection and that's all. Any ideas how to solve this? Maybe I have to reinstall?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

yea try to reinstall, also clear your Internet Explorer cache, even though that shouldn't be a problem, it can't hurt. If it still gives you problems post details about your OS and the stream causing the difficulty, and I can try to emulate it on my end
- Jay
herranz

data about my streams

Post by herranz »

I reinstalled and now the only problem I have is that the data collecting is very slow.

My streams are:

66.28.48.75:8182 (live365)
66.28.147.32:6270 (streamguys)

I'm using windows 98 and i use winamp to upload through the DSP v.1.8.2a

UPDATE.- I've been listening to my streams, switching from one to another, and it took more than 2:40 for RTB to detect that I disconected from the Streamguys stream. And after more than 5 minutes I gave up on RTB detecting that I was connected to the live365 stream.
Jay

Post by Jay »

well the live365 slowness is due to their server not our program so Liv365 listeners would have to listen for a while before RTB will get the number.

I'll try your streams out here and see if I can reproduce.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

I tried reproducing your setup and it appears to be working here, can you give me some details about your ISP, are you using a proxy? anything like that?

If you want, PM me with your IP address for the web admin so I can work with the numbers first hand.

Also are you using the FTP options or Script Url Options? I know that if your FTP server is reponding slowly it might cause the whole program to slow up. Just a nasty side effect of using FTP, is fixable programatically though.
- Jay
herranz

Post by herranz »

I'm using the php catcher and there are times when it functions normally. Maybe it is net traffic that was affecting it. Thanks for the attention and keep all the good work. I will try to spread the word of this site among the very few mexican webcasters.
Jay

Post by Jay »

- Jay