Load Balancing & using ASX files to output

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
N1COD3MUS

Load Balancing & using ASX files to output

Post by N1COD3MUS »

hi Jay,

i have radio toolbox installed and its an awesome program BTW very helpful.

ok i see that Radio Toolbox handles load balancing but it seems to create a .PLS file and i need it to make a ASX file, now i set it to ASX in the options but i feel this is for the input of server lists.

Is it possible to have it create a ASX file instead of a PLS? this would be awesome if it did.

also is there anyway of changing the way it load balances? e.g i have 3 servers which i should really only be using at night and as a last resort during the day so i would like to add these to the bottom of the ASX file always so that windows media player will use them last if only the other servers are full. (not overly important but useful)

i did try and search for this on your forums but couldnt find anything that either didnt confuse me or was related.

I have some more questions but i will leave it as that for the min and do the others in other threads.
N1COD3MUS
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

the default playlist option only relates to the generation of temporary lists when an item is double clicked in the GUI server list. It has no effect on the web interface.

If you want a more custom handling of load balancing I would highly recommend the use of the Script Service feature which would allow you to do whatever you need server side on your website so long as it supports a scripting language. Make sure that "Send Server Details" is selected so that the full list is made available to your server side scripts.
- Jay
N1COD3MUS

Post by N1COD3MUS »

either i dont understand what your saying or i havent explained my self properly.

ok at the top of web interface radio tool box has, it has a link [listen] this links to listen.pls is it possible to generate listen.asx instead of the pls file?
N1COD3MUS
Jay

Post by Jay »

No, that is not possible. As I said if you wanted something like that you can use the script service to build any sort of load balance you like.
- Jay
N1COD3MUS

Post by N1COD3MUS »

ok so how would i go about doing that? what strings does RTB send on that service?

++++edit++++

just noticed this in the File > Options is says Listen and a drop down box and ASX is in there, whats that for?
N1COD3MUS
Jay

Post by Jay »

Read the FAQ for a list of variables sent by the script.

http://www.radiotoolbox.com/docs/faq/in ... ?p_id=1#25

As I said before the general options window only controls the GUI side of the application.
- Jay